Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Vacume line questions on an 84 Brat

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 871 posts
  • Shoreline

Posted 25 January 2004 - 04:07 AM

I've got a carter-webber intake on my brat, and I was curious if anyone had any good information on how vacume lines should be routed, or what emissions stuff is really that important or not, I know the pvc valve is actually useful, but what about other stuff like the charco canister and what not? Theres so many hoses on their and I have no idea what any of them do, and I know theres a major leak cause I can really hear it when the engine is running... any info at all is very much apreciated, thanks:)

#2 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 25 January 2004 - 04:25 AM

charol canister can go
pm me if you want the emissions removal instructions..
Someone send it to me, and I'll pass it on

#3 Qman

Qman

Happiness is... no lag!!

• 11,119 posts
  • Sumner

Posted 25 January 2004 - 02:52 PM

If you can hear it then it is probably the metal/rubber line from the EGR valve. Behind the carb to the drivers side of the EGR is a large diameter line the runs into the ASV system. At start up run your hand around there to see if you feel any holes or leaks. You can also use an inspection mirror to see the underside of the hose/pipe. I have ran into this line problem before. Moisture and such rust the pipe.

#4 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 871 posts
  • Shoreline

Posted 25 January 2004 - 11:15 PM

is this that 4 inch long elbow pipe that runs from the intake to the back area of piston 3 into the block?

#5 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:53 AM

Any chance that the ASV reed valve is toast? If so, that's something that needs to be fixed ASAP.

#6 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 871 posts
  • Shoreline

Posted 26 January 2004 - 04:03 AM

very possible, this is a moter that has alot of miles and sat for a few months... what is the asv valve and what does it do, and where can I find it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users