Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Slammed hatch

cars like that jar the heck out of me, i won't ride in one. terrible ride quality.

also, we get snow here, that just would not be practical in any way shape or form.

to each his own.

oh, and one pothole and your car is totaled. pull in a low drive, totaled.

cars like that jar the heck out of me, i won't ride in one. terrible ride quality.

also, we get snow here, that just would not be practical in any way shape or form.

to each his own.

oh, and one pothole and your car is totaled. pull in a low drive, totaled.

I am pretty sure he didn't do it for you anyway! As far as potholes go... all you have to do is pay attention to the road and that problem is solved.

Reclocked the rear torsion bar. Cut front springs. Not rocket science.

Wells sorry:-\ I thought cutting springs was bad and I have never re clocked a torsion bar. And also if you read the post above, he did not cut the springs, he used Honda springs. Pardon me and my ignorance

But why not lift it instead? Hatch's do very well lifted....

Are you also planning an engine/tranny swap? I would think more power would be needed for auto-x or whatever you plan on doing with a lowered EA81 and the 4 speed's are almost worthless for daily driving let alone race usage...

GD

way too low for any performance. the alignment goes all out of whack at that point, etc.

for looks though. it's fine. people have been doing stuff like that to rabbits and such for years.

simply dropping it that low to sit in the driveway is easy. many "dumped" projects involve tons of fabbing and calculating to maintain some travel and decent suspension geometry. I'm not a big fan of poorly-done slammed cars (no offense....but seriously, it is pretty basic), but if someone were to go to the trouble of cutting up mounting brackets and moving pivot points up a few inches, and extending the strut towers, maybe lengthen the rear control arms to maintain camber/toe at those angles, move the shock mounts up, etc.

example (too bad many of the picture links are dead. but you get the idea.....)

http://www.the152.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2419&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

plowin1.jpg

I like it, it looks killer, even with the stock wheels on there. An RX trans or Impreza 5 speed would be a good trans to put behind the EJ22 in that car. I dont see it being real practical for rallying, but if it handles good I could see it being a decent autocross rig. Sweet pavement pounder nonetheless, Ive never seen a Subaru hatch that low and still driveable :banana:

Not really my style, but it looks sweet!

And not all cars have to be practical to be cool ;)

-Bill