Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Slammed hatch

definitely to low for logging roads .........but i think tis ************in awesome.wouldna ya want to put a 4.44 setup or 4.11 into that bad boy with the ej?i mean,the dual range will not be able to be utilized on the street so much.unless it is winter .....or always wet, or slippery......they tend to bind a bit.

so another choice is at hand,like bill said ....the rx trans would be a better choice.puts you at 3.7 gears and would absolutely be perfect for autocross.if you seek the lower range with fulltime 4wd then this is your choice.you'll need an adapter plate to mate to the EJ.....

the other option , once again is the 4.11 5spd.AWD and the lower ratio gives for a good daily driver.as does the rx,but in this case no adapter plate...just a thought.you do have to configure the trans crossmember to fit to the hatch body ,but i am sure someone has figured out that out by now.

as for me, i always wanted to lower a sube since i saw the lowered brat a few years back.....at wcss7 i think.......

looks cool,how tight is she in the corners?cheers, brian

Way to be different with your hatch. I lowered my '92 tleg recently about 1.5"-2.0" and I like the way it handles alot better especially for mountain driving/twisty road driving.

The point I am trying to say is do what you want with your car. Lowered cars ride pretty nice if you do it right. I enjoy mine.

Way to be different with your hatch.

Lowered cars ride pretty nice if you do it right. I enjoy mine.

But not quite as nice as some big, soft long travel springs and some aired

down 33"s!!! :grin:

Just like cruisin' in a caddy...

Twitch

PS: ThirdEyeHatch, I dig it if it works in your neck of the woods.

It wouldn't work around here, too much snow and too many bumps, but hey, it

looks reeeeeally cool! :D

I might have to go with a awd tranny sounds like a good idea to me. It's real tight in the corners even with the big ol tires instead of low pro's. I got the rear shocks in and she rides alot better then my honda did. It will make it through the logging roads in green water im not scared of a little draggin.

Nice, I like it. Even with those wheels and tires (which I think work for it) and all the dirt, grime and primer, I would easily put that in my list of top five hatches.

Screw practicality. Without it we wouldn't have sport bikes and super cars. :banana:

Nice, I like it. Even with those wheels and tires (which I think work for it) and all the dirt, grime and primer, I would easily put that in my list of top five hatches.

Screw practicality. Without it we wouldn't have sport bikes and super cars. :banana:

It still gets good gas milage so its kinda practical. Thats a good looking hach you got there chux. And thanks for all the good words you guys. I just wish I could have gone lower with those tires. Maybe lower with lo pro's

• 4 years later...

Sorry to I interrupt this tread but this is awesome car right now I just got a 87 GL 2wd I need as much help possible since here in Florida there is no snow and hills going "low" is perfect here "thireyehatch" can I ask u a favor do u have by any chance all the pictures and stuff that u used to lower ur ride I will love to get mine just like urs tks

null_zpsda1cd0da.jpg

nice hatch, it says he hasn't been on the forum since march of 2010 under his profile so don't think he is going to reply anytime soon. if you post a thread under old gen (80's) tech. forum a lot of people could help you out. i have seen a few guys who have lowered there rides on here and have even made threads on them so there are definently people out there.

Edited by turbosubarubrat

That hatch needs some old(er) school looking wheels under it. Those look like they belong on somebody's '93 Civic  :P

I'm surprised he found one in Florida at all, and if I can come across a second 80's Sube that's 2wd, I'd slam it too. Already have my D/R rig for if I ever make it back to my home state of Colorado.

Edited by SmashedGlass