Ultimate Subaru Message Board

E82 Schematic Request

Txakura

Does anyone have wiring diagrams for a 90 Loyale RS or ea82 anything?

I am working on the 4-lo indicator, (I retrofitted a d/r 5 into my s/r car)

It would be nice to have an overview of the whole car's electrical, that seems to be some highly classified info... I paid a fee to download some diagrams a few months back, and it was kind of a rip off. Thought I'd ask the community for some help.

I have a Chilton's, "Subaru 1985-1992" it has ZERO diagrams in it; otherwise I wouldn't be asking. Do a quick google and you'll see that there is crappola for info out there... except for people trying to sell subscription services to their on line manuals...

Edited by Txakura
afterthouhgt

I followed the link you provided. Thank you very much, the FSM is the way to go. I was very pleased by the wiring diagrams in the FSM, having them in .pdf I can print a working copy to take to the car.

I moved several electrical things from the 87 GL to the 90 Loyale. In all cases, there was a direct connection waiting for the component, the doors were already wired for the power mirrors - for example. I'm willing to bet that I can have my '4-lo' indicator on the dash, all the transmission switches had a place to go, it's just a question of the getting the message to the instrument panel.

I have Chilton's manual, part number 8305, 'Subaru 1985-92', it does not contain ANY wiring diagrams for ANY system and offers such sage advice as 'disconnect the XXX and blah blah blah' without being bothered with details, like the location of the component. I first ran into the 'value' of this manual when I was trying to fix my power windows, then again for the cruise control and intermittent wipers. There are glaring omissions in Chilton's, and where they got their information from is not very important when the information is incomplete.

Well done Numbchux, I hope you have that site up when I get to my ej conversion.

huh...found my book. 1985-92. but part number 8259....

almost all of section 6 is wiring diagrams, and they're identical to FSM ones. about 200 pages. although, I just flipped through it, and the only EA82 ones are 1990-92 loyale and XTs, still nothing with a D/R :mad:

I have full FSM all years 85-90 of the EA82.

My scanner is no more, but I can maybe try to take some photocopies and mail them to you.

What all do you need? Dash wiring diagrahm with pin of the connector for the light? Wiring on the trans itself? Switch on the shifter?

Biggest issue is I doubt the wiring in the harness between those switches will be present.