Ultimate Subaru Message Board

crazy question

i've got an extra spfi motor laying around and wanted to do something with it so here is the plan. I've already almost finished building a tube frame chasis to hold my spfi motor bolted to a 2wd 5 speed tranny. My main question, what is the spline count on the rear half shafts. Are they the same as the front by any chance. This is my only area of concern. I was thinking of placing the motor in the rear of the chasis and just using rearend half shafts to take out the whole steering problem.

that's the plan, i don't know how much it will weigh but it will be light. The motor was lifted out by myself. 2wd tranny won't weigh too much. Everything else will be light too. Tube frame will be very light as well. Anyone know the smallest tire that is made for a 13 inch rim?

I made something like that, only difference is i used a built ej25 making 200+hp mated to an EA 5 speed 4x4 trans. It lasted about a summer of insane abuse before it pounded the rod bearings to hell. Now the cart is powered by a WEAK 118hp fuel injected EJ18. It wont pull wheelies in second anymore:D

post-2712-136027588291_thumb.jpg

yeah, i'm a bit puzzled too about the shifter. I know new ford contours use a cable setup in conjuction with the shifter. I was lookin at one today. I was thinking of somehow trying to use the cable setup with maybe paddle shifters on the steering wheel. That would be a hot ticket.