Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Subaru Swap Harnesses

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,983 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:21 PM

So I finally got around to sending a message to Noah and Shawn. While they both do it occasionally.....not terribly actively. So.....I thought I'd throw my name in the hat.

preferred contact method is through the email form on my website. that way it goes to my main email address, and get's tagged that it's about Numbchuxconversions.

www.numbchuxconversions.com

I've done a dozen or so early EJ22 harnesses for EA subarus. a couple for VWs, a few for VW-based buggies.

I can also do full merges. I did the Grimmspeed track car, which is a '96 impreza with an '05 WRX motor/trans/dash (climate control and 200+awhp in a GC impreza!!):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

5 SVX swaps.

Posted Image

Posted Image

last month we did my buddy's '95 impreza LX, which got 2002 WRX ECU, wiring, and heads, with a built EJ22t shortblock and the stock dash (pictures to come when his pistons arrive and it can actually be assembled....).

#2 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

WileE Coyote Super Genius

• Members
  • 2,943 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:26 AM

What do you need as far as info and how much do you charge.

#3 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,429 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:52 AM

What do you need as far as info and how much do you charge.

www.numbchuxconversions.com

#4 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,983 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:31 PM

^Thanks. yea, I've tried to answer most of those questions on the site.

for most of what you guys would be looking at (EJ into an EA car). it's $250. and that's for anything 2001 and older. OBD II harnesses don't scare me (they can even be a bit easier to initially separate....), and they only extra requirement to make one run completely is a vehicle speed sensor. but even that can be simulated with a little unit from EngineWiring.com

All I need to know, is years, transmissions, ABS, Airbags, A/C about all 3 cars. That is, the car the engine came out of, the car the engine is going into, and the car after the swap is done (i.e. your loyale had A/C, but you're not going to make it work after the swap. or your legacy had ABS, but it'll be removed with the SVX swap).

#5 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,983 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:11 PM

bump. not working on anything now.....turnaround time is quick!

#6 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,104 posts
  • WA

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:36 PM

BTT
I hate looking back a couple of pages to find the link :-p

#7 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,983 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:55 PM

busy time of year, working on 4 more SVX swaps :eek: ....but I won't turn people away.

#8 Dantes Inferno

Dantes Inferno

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Vancouver, BC , CANADA

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:02 PM

So I have a carbed ea82 hatch. With no A/C, ABS, or any of that bull************. 5 speed transmission.

If I want to put a ej22 in it, is it possible to mount the engine, and built a harness to the ECU which will be in the engine bay, as minimal as possible?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users