Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

A discussion on fuel for the EA82T, to be focused on FUEL RAILS

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 xforxlifex

xforxlifex

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • ma

Posted 30 January 2004 - 12:52 AM

i would definetly be interested in that for my rx. i got 50 bucks.

#27 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 08:26 AM

Pending on whether or not i get a certin IC...and a hard drive...I'll have $50 in my paypal. the more i think about this, the more i want to do this.

I *KNOW* i wont have the time to make something like this, much less find all the stuff to make it.

#28 Myxalplyx

Myxalplyx

Old Wise and Dumb

• Members
  • 1,834 posts
  • New Castle

Posted 21 November 2004 - 06:45 AM

Whatever became of this project SubaruTex? This story never ended. *Old Post Bumpay*

#29 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 21 November 2004 - 10:12 AM

also i was thinkin the other day. maybe use an xt6 intake, with the two rear runners cut out and filled in. its set up for bigger injectors, on a fuel rail, and has a big tb.

#30 nkx

nkx

Rallycross Junkie

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • Carlisle, PA

Posted 12 January 2005 - 01:29 AM

another bump.... we're curious, tex!

#31 Subarutex

Subarutex

Oldschool Show Queen

• 2,539 posts
  • Mountlake Terrace

Posted 12 January 2005 - 02:15 AM

The car has ran for sometime on the my fuel rails.

Lemme find a picture and I'll post it here.

Oh, and I have about $450 into my fuel system. And no, i'm not gonna sell them. There wasn't much interest, and I would be hard pressed to do them for $50 a set. Then you'd have to buy all the hose, fittings, new pressure regulator...

Andy, no idea on emissions, its not due till this next august. Who knows if it will even run by then.

BTW, those that don't know, the car is not running currently do to leaky HG's.

*edit* PICS!

http://www.subarutex...uel-System-Pics

#32 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:28 AM

Leaky headgaskets again? :eek:

#33 Do It Sidewayz

Do It Sidewayz

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Toronto, Ontario

Posted 12 January 2005 - 11:23 AM

I made myself a "fuel rail" last week and so far it seems to run and not leak...we'll see how it will actually do in performance applications.

My main concern with the stock set-up is the issue of un even fuel pressure and flow to all the injectors. i have a hunch that the Pass side bank of cylinders isn't getting enough pressure and flow....especially #3.

What i did. was i found an "air distribution block" It has one input port, and 4 output ports... They are tapped for 1/4" NPT fittings. I then drilled out the end plugs and tapped them also.

It looks kind of like this.

Feed from filter
V
Pressure Gauge ----[=============] ------- To Fuel Pressure Regulator
V V V V
INJECTOR OUTPUTS

I made an effort to keep all the output lines to the injectors very close to the same length.

Someone suggested that if i ran the car out of gas i would be cranking forever....however i don't think so as the fuel rail and lines were completely dry when i installed this (obviously), and it started right up....so i don't really see a problem.

The Distribution block is mounted in the space previously occupied by the Spare Tire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users