Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A discussion on fuel for the EA82T, to be focused on FUEL RAILS

Pending on whether or not i get a certin IC...and a hard drive...I'll have $50 in my paypal. the more i think about this, the more i want to do this.

I *KNOW* i wont have the time to make something like this, much less find all the stuff to make it.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The car has ran for sometime on the my fuel rails.

Lemme find a picture and I'll post it here.

Oh, and I have about $450 into my fuel system. And no, i'm not gonna sell them. There wasn't much interest, and I would be hard pressed to do them for $50 a set. Then you'd have to buy all the hose, fittings, new pressure regulator...

Andy, no idea on emissions, its not due till this next august. Who knows if it will even run by then.

BTW, those that don't know, the car is not running currently do to leaky HG's.

*edit* PICS!

http://www.subarutex.com/gallery/Fuel-System-Pics

I made myself a "fuel rail" last week and so far it seems to run and not leak...we'll see how it will actually do in performance applications.

My main concern with the stock set-up is the issue of un even fuel pressure and flow to all the injectors. i have a hunch that the Pass side bank of cylinders isn't getting enough pressure and flow....especially #3.

What i did. was i found an "air distribution block" It has one input port, and 4 output ports... They are tapped for 1/4" NPT fittings. I then drilled out the end plugs and tapped them also.

It looks kind of like this.

Feed from filter

V

Pressure Gauge ----[=============] ------- To Fuel Pressure Regulator

V V V V

INJECTOR OUTPUTS

I made an effort to keep all the output lines to the injectors very close to the same length.

Someone suggested that if i ran the car out of gas i would be cranking forever....however i don't think so as the fuel rail and lines were completely dry when i installed this (obviously), and it started right up....so i don't really see a problem.

The Distribution block is mounted in the space previously occupied by the Spare Tire.