Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mechanic recommendation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cawlaw

cawlaw

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Rock Hill

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:54 PM

I have a 2003 Outback with an AC problem. It blows cold for a short while (1-3 minutes) then the air gets musty like an old room that has been closed up for years. The air gets warmer and this can last for as long as 5 minutes before the cold cuts on again. I have taken this problem to Folgers in Charlotte, NC who is the dealer, 3 times and they say they have fixed it but they have not. They have replaced (they say) the compressor, hose and various other parts. I need recommendations for someone in the Charlotte, NC area who is an honest and competent Subaru Mechanic.

Thanks for your help,

Chris Wellborn

Rock Hill, SC
803-366-1065

#2 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,939 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:26 PM

You need to have the evaporator core cleaned. The reason for it not blowing cold could be the actuator/flap is opening for some reason allowing hot air in form the heater core, or it might be that the charge is too high. Take it to an independent AC service shop and have them look at it. A lot of technicians know less than you might think about AC systems. You're better off having it serviced by a shop that specializes in AC.

#3 cawlaw

cawlaw

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Rock Hill

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:16 PM

Thanks I will suggest that. I am already looking for an independent mechanic.

Thanks again,

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users