Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rock Auto or 1st Subaru

Rock Auto is an excellent online parts house, but I don't think they have OEM parts. I have got parts from them that were in OEM packaging, but I think it was a fluke/overstock thing as I had ordered the aftermarket part. Beck/Arnley is good for supplying the exact same part as OEM, but in their own box, for a lot less. Lot of closeout specials there right now with ridiculously low prices!

Mark

they occasionally have a couple OEM things.

1st subaru is typically much slower. they have to order the parts into their store, and then they ship them out to you. whereas rockauto parts tend to be in the mail the same or next day.

I trust Beck/Arnley parts just as much as OEM, so I usually order whatever is cheapest. so I've used both.

Well if its anything i can get local ill get it but these 3 parts im looking for im told buy all you good folks that they need to be oem so thats what im going for. And ask any iowa member, you dont want to deal with our local subaru dealership

Thermastat

Disty cap and rotor.

Edited by The Dude Abides

Thermostat - dealer every time. The difference is amazing, someone has posted pictures before. Aftermarket thermostats look like toys compared to the Subaru ones.

Distributor cap and rotor I'll get from anywhere with a preference for Beck Arnley if they supply those parts.

Thermostat - dealer every time. The difference is amazing, someone has posted pictures before. Aftermarket thermostats look like toys compared to the Subaru ones.

Seconded.

Having said that: I've dealt with Rock Auto for several years and never had a problem. Their OEM stuff has been exactly that: OEM stuff. Prices and service are generally excellent.

The one thing you have to watch for with them is that if you're ordering multiple parts at the same time, they may send them from different warehouses: this adds up to multiple shipping charges. It's usually worked out cheaper for me than getting the parts locally, but it is something to keep in mind at checkout.

Also, be sure to Google 'rock auto discount code'. You can usually come up with a valid 5% to 10% off code that way, which usually knocks at least the shipping (and some of the tax, if applicable) off of the order.

Seconded.

Having said that: I've dealt with Rock Auto for several years and never had a problem. Their OEM stuff has been exactly that: OEM stuff. Prices and service are generally excellent.

The one thing you have to watch for with them is that if you're ordering multiple parts at the same time, they may send them from different warehouses: this adds up to multiple shipping charges. It's usually worked out cheaper for me than getting the parts locally, but it is something to keep in mind at checkout.

Also, be sure to Google 'rock auto discount code'. You can usually come up with a valid 5% to 10% off code that way, which usually knocks at least the shipping (and some of the tax, if applicable) off of the order.

Yep every thing he said.. They even carry ea81 motor mounts!! I love there discount 30day warranty parts price. I probbably have one order in ever two months at least! They also car the stock fuel pump for my brat.

1994 SUBARU LOYALE 1.8L 1781cc H4 TBI (5)

Engine : Valve Cover Gasket

FEL-PRO Part # VS50273R

SOHC engine; w/Grommets; PermaDry® molded rubber gskts. incl.

$12.31 $0.00 $12.31

Ignition : Distributor Cap

BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1746939

$8.94 $0.00 $8.94

Ignition : Distributor Rotor

BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1737964 {IGNITION ROTOR}

$6.73 $0.00 $6.73

Cooling System : Thermostat

BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1430686

Original Equipment Standard Temperature; TEMPERATURE=192

$7.44 $0.00 $7.44

Fuel/Air : Fuel Filter

BECK/ARNLEY Part # 0430858

{[Wholesaler Closeout -- 30 Day Warranty] (Only 1 Remaining)}

Do these part numbers ring a bell to anyone.

Going on 1988 Subaru DL Fuel Injected.

Edited by The Dude Abides

Distributor cap and rotor I'll get from anywhere with a preference for Beck Arnley if they supply those parts.

the part here on the thermostat means do not go with a beck arnley therm.

please get a subaru OEM therm, not the one from rock auto. Need to get this at the dealer.

Beck/Arnley makes great stuff (frequently it actually is OEM!). I wouldn't worry about it if it worked out to be cheaper than OEM (easily could be as long as it's not shipping from a different warehouse than the other stuff).

also, don't forget to grab the rubber grommets for the valve cover bolts!

I can barely do that now. Hey brent you up for tearing into this thing with me :grin:

I would like to help. I have lots of pre-planned stuff for quite a few weekends tho. not sure the next weekend i will be able to do anything. next sat is the races at Brooklyn racetrack, good dirt track racing out in the country in a farm field turned race track.....then the next weekend is the USAC races on Friday and the Nationwide series 250 at the Iowa Speedway on Saturday, and i need to get to KC soon as well.

With all this I am going to have to take vacation i think.....but my boss is on vacation this week and part of next so i cant do that, and then school starts in august......

LOL its ok, my weekends are xtra full as well. Thats why i could use the help to get it done in one day. Who knows, but i need to do this then flush the heatercore before winter so i make sure had have good heat. Then finish the body yad yada. Anyways hopeing this is oem. Im going to see what other people say then depending purchase it all tonight.

Ben

I have had Great luck with Rock Auto. The parts are exactly as described,and they ship Fast.

I cant comment on the other site. But,like someone else mentioned,watch the shipping quote from rock auto. Sometimes it seems kinda high.

yeah the cost savings of parts thru rock auto is eaten away by the high shipping.

whereas jason ships everything for a rate of like 9 or 11

rockauto is faster to receive

but when its all said and done, I think the prices are about the same due to the high shipping costs of RA

Just an FYI - I got a thermostat from this outfit last summer. Plus assorted other parts. They seem to be good.

overnightautoparts

Parts Ordered

1972 - 1989 Subaru GL Beck Arnley Thermostat Thermostat Price: $17.82 Qty: 1 Part #: 143-0686

I did hours and hours (and hours) of 'net research looking for parts & suppliers.