Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

A Shoptalk Problem!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Olnick

Olnick

Ol' Subaru Guy

• Members
  • 2,581 posts
  • Honolulu HI

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:55 PM

I've noticed that a lot of newcomers to USMB are starting model-specific threads here in Shoptalk. Obviously they are not familiar with the structure of the various forums or of how their car would be classified.

It's not helping them or USMB in general--their questions and the responses given are somewhat "dead ended" here. The problems and answers don't get the wider exposure they deserves. Besides that, it clutters actual "Shoptalk" discussion.

If I may I'd like to offer a couple of suggestions:

MEMBERS--Do not offer detailed answers here. Welcome a newcomer then aim them to the appropriate forum, suggest they post their questions there.

MODS--Please keep an eye on this forum and move model specific threads as quickly as possible.

I think we'd all be a lot happier and it would help preserve USMB's fantastic reputation for helpfullness.

Mahalo and Aloha!

#2 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,125 posts
  • WA

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:18 PM

If a thread like that gets posted here, just hit "Report Post" symbol and ask a Mod to move it.
I've done that a few times now and it works pretty quickly.

#3 kelly cervone

kelly cervone

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • warren oregon

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:45 PM

Thanks Ol nick for info, I am newbie and I posted a question in shop talk "water pump Kelly cervone" Which forum should I post this question?

#4 Olnick

Olnick

Ol' Subaru Guy

• Members
  • 2,581 posts
  • Honolulu HI

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:12 PM

Hi kelly, welcome aboard. Where to post depends on what model car you have.

All Subarus with the EJ series of engines--basically everything from the 1990 Legacy on (with the exception of the Loyale) is in the "New Generation" forum.

Cars with EA engines, which includes the Loyale, are considered "Old Generation."

But don't worry--if you get in the wrong place some nice person will point you to the right one!

#5 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,604 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:21 PM

I just moved all the specific model threads recently posted. I do try to keep an eye on things in this forum.

#6 Olnick

Olnick

Ol' Subaru Guy

• Members
  • 2,581 posts
  • Honolulu HI

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:29 PM

Thanks Legacy777. People are really nice about it, they just need a little help to the right place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users