Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Two more to the stable

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:18 PM

Well, got a call from Jerry on friday night, turns out a farmer not too far from me had a pair of Gen 1 Brats for sale that were mostly complete... Obviously I couldnt refuse! :banana:

the tan one has a title, although the vin number on the dash is not matching the vin on the firewall :-\ and the title has a brand code on it, so Im gonna have to see what thats all about. Other than that it just needs the radiator and the fuel pump installed to run :banana:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The blue one is a bit rough, its been wrecked and re-built, and I dont know if Ill be able to get the title from the junkyard, but if I can, it is salvageable. The gas tank appears to be full of some kind of tar-like substance, which has clogged the whole fuel system, but once that is fixed, it will run.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

They were both driven to where I picked them up, been sitting for a year or so. I got 4 BRAND NEW studdles snow tires with a beefy tread, brand new in the box clutch kit, brake rotors, pads, and shocks, and both have minimal rust.

I plan on making the yellow one a driver for sure, but the future of the blue one is still in the air atm. My red Brat is down for a while, after this happened.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I can repair it, but damn it sucks. I had to drive it out of the woods like that.

-Bill

#2 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,139 posts
  • WA

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:22 PM

We need to find a treatment plan for you ;)

And I thought I was bad :rolleyes:

#3 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

WileE Coyote Super Genius

• Members
  • 2,979 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:22 PM

Beast you............... suck.

#4 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:27 PM

What's with all the non-Subarus you got there? Huh? What's going on here, Bill? If that *is* your real name...

#5 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:35 PM

lol I ran out of parking spots in the Subaru section...

I dont think there is a cure for what I have... Hopefully I dont find it for a while :banana:
-Bill

#6 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:36 PM

What's with all the non-Subarus you got there? Huh? What's going on here, Bill? If that *is* your real name...

Dont make me bust out the all Subaru line-up pics ;)
-Bill

#7 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,423 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:28 AM

the kid has enthusiasm. i like that.:)

#8 SoobieDoo

SoobieDoo

GL's...the luxury wheeler

• Members
  • 838 posts
  • ZigZag

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:05 PM

Bill-O's Big Subaru Museum!
Looks like Rusty is ready to be a donor. :-\

#9 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:48 PM

You have more than I have and *I* have more than should be allowed. Hell I can't keep up with the Subaru projects I have - there's only so many hours to the day when you work a 40 hour week.

Are you independently wealthy that you can devote your full time to this!?!

I wish that were the case for me :rolleyes:. Someday perhaps.

GD

#10 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:57 PM

I wish I could say I was wealthy... Unfortunately thats not the case.... What little I make typically goes right back into my hobbies within a few days of recieving my paycheck, after the bills are paid of course...

If I were smarter, I would save up more and buy nicer rigs, but I just cant pass up deals like these! Ive got 21 Subarus if I count all the parts cars, 1 has been my baby sibce I got it and modified accordingly, several are in various 'project' states, and a few others are diamonds in the rough awaiting their turn in the shop...

One of the biggest advantages of living on the Yakima Res, they do not care how many rigs you have as long as you are far enough away from the main highways :grin:

Eventually I need to build my own shop, even if its just a small 1 bay building, so I dont have to clutter up my dad's shop anymore...

-Bill

#11 bratsrus1

bratsrus1

Race car

• Members
  • 1,295 posts
  • Selah Washington

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:26 PM

Hi Everybody This is Jerry, well it's my fault that Bill is like that i am the guy that told him about USMB.:lol: Good to see you got the brats. Thanks Jerry

#12 Mugs

Mugs

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • Spokane & Hobart, Wa.

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:38 PM

Nice Find Bill. I know where to go to when it comes time to get one for my youngest kid. He wants a brat soooooooo bad and has almost enough saved up to get one. :banana: But I/we need to get my project done first.

#13 bigo1966

bigo1966

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Lafayette, Colorado

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:11 AM

(spits up coffee) Did you say 21 subarus????????

Dang!

#14 one eye

one eye

I'm A Subaholic

• Members
  • 2,573 posts
  • Mt.Vernon Washington

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:14 AM

One of those would be sweet with a D/R :brow: I know a guy over here that has one just waiting for ya!!!!:grin:

Jeff

#15 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,423 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

(spits up coffee) Did you say 21 subarus????????

Dang!

ROFLMAO.........the first time he told me a number was like 14 or something.i almost spit out beer at that point:lol:.....hope your keyboard is dried out....cheers, brian

#16 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:51 PM

One of those would be sweet with a D/R :brow: I know a guy over here that has one just waiting for ya!!!!:grin:

Jeff

That D/R is definitely on my list for one of these bad boys, I have a 76 SR tranny that *should* have the factory 4.11 gears, so Im going to try to build a 4.11 D/R 4 speed :banana: Im thinkin, if you could bring it to Evans Creek I could bring some money for it....

-Bill

#17 one eye

one eye

I'm A Subaholic

• Members
  • 2,573 posts
  • Mt.Vernon Washington

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:20 PM

That D/R is definitely on my list for one of these bad boys, I have a 76 SR tranny that *should* have the factory 4.11 gears, so Im going to try to build a 4.11 D/R 4 speed :banana: Im thinkin, if you could bring it to Evans Creek I could bring some money for it....

-Bill

Do you have a good EA82????? I blew my HG today on the touring Wagon.

Jeff

#18 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:23 AM

Do you have a good EA82????? I blew my HG today on the touring Wagon.

Jeff

I dont actually, I just sold it a few weeks ago... I have an EA81 that ran good when it was pulled, its a longblock right now, no manifold or disty... Its a hydraulic lifter motor too

-Bill

#19 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:57 PM

Couple of good new supdates :banana:

I got the collapsed suspension fixed on Rusty, took it back up to the mountains friday night/saturday morning and it performed excellent, especially with the new traction tires :banana:

Today I got the yellow Brat running, its got a brand new carb on it and runs great! The trans is toast, though :-\ At one point I shifted into 1st, shut the motor off, then tried to shift it into the other gears, and it would row into the positions, but it stayed in 1st gear :confused: so the trans is gonna get yanked. I need to do a little cleanin up, make the tailgate handle work, and do some minor wiring, swap the trans and bolt it all together and Ill have another driver! I think Ill lift this one 4" and use it mainly as a street cruiser and poser Off-roading :grin: But Im sure it will see some mud...

Also fixed the turn signal on my mom's Brat and cut off the second muffler...

-Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users