Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Two more to the stable

Well, got a call from Jerry on friday night, turns out a farmer not too far from me had a pair of Gen 1 Brats for sale that were mostly complete... Obviously I couldnt refuse! :banana:

the tan one has a title, although the vin number on the dash is not matching the vin on the firewall :-\ and the title has a brand code on it, so Im gonna have to see what thats all about. Other than that it just needs the radiator and the fuel pump installed to run :banana:

07-19-09_2022.jpg

07-19-09_2023.jpg

07-19-09_2024.jpg

The blue one is a bit rough, its been wrecked and re-built, and I dont know if Ill be able to get the title from the junkyard, but if I can, it is salvageable. The gas tank appears to be full of some kind of tar-like substance, which has clogged the whole fuel system, but once that is fixed, it will run.

07-19-09_2018.jpg

07-19-09_2019.jpg

07-19-09_2021.jpg

They were both driven to where I picked them up, been sitting for a year or so. I got 4 BRAND NEW studdles snow tires with a beefy tread, brand new in the box clutch kit, brake rotors, pads, and shocks, and both have minimal rust.

I plan on making the yellow one a driver for sure, but the future of the blue one is still in the air atm. My red Brat is down for a while, after this happened.

07-19-09_2026.jpg

07-19-09_2027.jpg

I can repair it, but damn it sucks. I had to drive it out of the woods like that.

-Bill

You have more than I have and *I* have more than should be allowed. Hell I can't keep up with the Subaru projects I have - there's only so many hours to the day when you work a 40 hour week.

Are you independently wealthy that you can devote your full time to this!?!

I wish that were the case for me :rolleyes:. Someday perhaps.

GD

I wish I could say I was wealthy... Unfortunately thats not the case.... What little I make typically goes right back into my hobbies within a few days of recieving my paycheck, after the bills are paid of course...

If I were smarter, I would save up more and buy nicer rigs, but I just cant pass up deals like these! Ive got 21 Subarus if I count all the parts cars, 1 has been my baby sibce I got it and modified accordingly, several are in various 'project' states, and a few others are diamonds in the rough awaiting their turn in the shop...

One of the biggest advantages of living on the Yakima Res, they do not care how many rigs you have as long as you are far enough away from the main highways :grin:

Eventually I need to build my own shop, even if its just a small 1 bay building, so I dont have to clutter up my dad's shop anymore...

-Bill

Nice Find Bill. I know where to go to when it comes time to get one for my youngest kid. He wants a brat soooooooo bad and has almost enough saved up to get one. :banana: But I/we need to get my project done first.

One of those would be sweet with a D/R :brow: I know a guy over here that has one just waiting for ya!!!!:grin:

Jeff

That D/R is definitely on my list for one of these bad boys, I have a 76 SR tranny that *should* have the factory 4.11 gears, so Im going to try to build a 4.11 D/R 4 speed :banana: Im thinkin, if you could bring it to Evans Creek I could bring some money for it....

-Bill

That D/R is definitely on my list for one of these bad boys, I have a 76 SR tranny that *should* have the factory 4.11 gears, so Im going to try to build a 4.11 D/R 4 speed :banana: Im thinkin, if you could bring it to Evans Creek I could bring some money for it....

-Bill

Do you have a good EA82????? I blew my HG today on the touring Wagon.

Jeff

Couple of good new supdates :banana:

I got the collapsed suspension fixed on Rusty, took it back up to the mountains friday night/saturday morning and it performed excellent, especially with the new traction tires :banana:

Today I got the yellow Brat running, its got a brand new carb on it and runs great! The trans is toast, though :-\ At one point I shifted into 1st, shut the motor off, then tried to shift it into the other gears, and it would row into the positions, but it stayed in 1st gear :confused: so the trans is gonna get yanked. I need to do a little cleanin up, make the tailgate handle work, and do some minor wiring, swap the trans and bolt it all together and Ill have another driver! I think Ill lift this one 4" and use it mainly as a street cruiser and poser Off-roading :grin: But Im sure it will see some mud...

Also fixed the turn signal on my mom's Brat and cut off the second muffler...

-Bill