Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Harbor Freight shipping is always horendous

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,835 posts
  • WV

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:56 PM

Be warned and plan ahead.

Shipped July 21 - Delivery on August 3rd. Luckily it's nothing I need but man TWO WEEKS!?!?! Are you serious? And it's been like this every single time I've ordered - multiple weeks for delivery.

I totally dig what a great fit it is to actually have a tool that I normally wouldn't buy because I would only use it once or twice but that's pathetic for a company with their kind of exposure.

#2 2.5GL

2.5GL

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Sherwood, OR

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:19 PM

I totally dig what a great fit it is to actually have a tool that I normally wouldn't buy because I would only use it once or twice

Just don't plan on using it too much more...:lol:

#3 davebugs

davebugs

I don't "friend"

• Members
  • 3,112 posts
  • Pittsburgh suburbs (NE)

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:26 PM

Hey Gary.

They opened a store near me a year or so ago. 20-30? miles away in a bunch of annoying traffic behind a mall in a strip mall. I go every 6 months it seems. Have a front bearing service kit to return this week or loose 100 bucks.

If you currently need anything (that they may actually have in stock) I'd be willing to pick it up and ship it to you.

Don't get it confused with quality(but we all knew that) but it is affordable. For occasional use stuff and expendables it's not bad.

#4 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,835 posts
  • WV

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:39 PM

Thanks for the offer Dave, luckily I don't need anything. Yeah I have a disc brake kit that was a total POS, it broke the first time I used it and I hardly put any strain on it. Amazing how easily it broke, everything else has been useable though the picks are a little weak.

#5 Grafton

Grafton

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Fairmont

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:38 AM

funny the shipping on my harbor freight order wasnt that bad ~5 biz. days
got a 18v cordless impact gun ( change tires @ autocross when i get a set of auto cross wheels ) and an oil pressure gauge <- $20 and it has a remote sending unit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users