Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Evans Creek Meet yada yada

21rst and 22nd of August.

You'll have to buy a trail pass for each day @ $5.00 each. You an get them at the store in Wilkenson, Carbonado too I think.

What to bring:

YOUR CAMERAS!!! Let's get this on film and make them all wanna come next time!

spare tire(s)

good jack

Subaru tools. ie:10mm 12mm 14mm 17mm 19mm 21mm 22mm 32mm 36mm

your other tools

spare axles front and rear. As many as you have, you can leave them at the camp sight to drop weight.

Fluids, ie: water, antifreeze, oil, 90 weight, brake fluid. . .

Tow strap.

winch or come-a-long or two.

shovel.

couple blocks of wood.

camping gear and food.

Trash bags to haul your stuff out with you. We tend to pick up garbage along side the trail when we stop too.

*edit##

Got two way raddios or cbs? Bring 'em

Those of you who choose to come without a rear locked diff or LSD will be needing to stick to simple trails. There will be plenty of rigs there besides ourselves, and they get pissed when an unprepared ride breaks or is repeatedly stuck and blocking the trail.

Lift kits will be more successful and keeping floor boards and rocker panels in tact.

more as I think or it.

Who's in? Let's get an unofficial official head count. On topic please.

Scott

Woody

Rick

Richard

jeff

Zap

Bill

Qman

Rob

Pooparu

Monsteru

The Scooby

Scott

Pat

Jesse

STI-WOLF

Slacker

Markus

Edited by Zap

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the Beast in the shop minutes ago, will begin prepping it for the trip tomorrow! :banana: 5 major that must be done:

1. Replace bad motor with the JDM I have on the floor

2. Replace the bent up and broken exhaust with a new, tucked-up design with an X-pipe

3. Replace the rear wheel bearings

4. Convert my RX's LSD to 3.9 and install

5. Replace all 4 axles

If I have time I might clean it up a bit, but this will make it trail worthy.

So far my list of spare parts is

-extra axles (front and rear)

-Diff stubs

-bailing wire

-Duct tape

-tool set

-come-along

-Maybe a distributor, if I can find/build a good one in time. Shouldnt need an extra though...

-Maybe some extra ball joints, I think I have an extra pair...

Im excited, I'm finally gonna get to play on the big boy trails with all the other Washington sube wheelers!

-Bill

It's terrain similar to Walker Valley. Roots, ruts, rocks, climbs, dropoffs.

The weather man would be best to ask about dusty or muddy conditions. It could rain, (dance for it) other wise it will be very dusty. There's a 7 mile logging road before the actual parking lot. Then there's lots of main line roads conecting the trails.

If so, bring an extra air filter or two. I mean that.

ok, so , who is going early to claim sites?i thought i would bring this to the main thread.......i am planning on leaving here on thursday night.that means i will be coming in pretty early in the morning.

however , i am the suck at searching....so,,,if someone helps me out here to understand how to get there.i can get some "this seats taken" goin on.

anyone else looking at getting there this early?cheers, brian

ok, so , who is going early to claim sites?i thought i would bring this to the main thread.......i am planning on leaving here on thursday night.that means i will be coming in pretty early in the morning.

however , i am the suck at searching....so,,,if someone helps me out here to understand how to get there.i can get some "this seats taken" goin on.

anyone else looking at getting there this early?cheers, brian

I can help you out with that, get a hold of me.

I'll be there friday and saturday for sure, but not sure yet what time on friday and don't know about sunday. Hopefully I'll have the engine I'm currently building together in time, if not I'll be running my spare thats in my car now. I'm excited to meet and go wheeling with some more offroad subaru guys. Can't wait! Jesse

I will come up to meet everyone. No wheeling though. My family and I might continue on up to Mowich Lake. Seeing as I live in Carbonado and it is the last "Town" before Evans Creek, it would be a shame not to come up and introduce myself. Also as a side note, I may have available for use a fair sized piece of property and a large two car garage with some tools if someone needs a dry place to do some work. Ill just have to move some things around a bit. Cant wait to meet everyone and get a closer look at your cars.

Mike:banana::grin::banana: