Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Got me a loyale!!!!

backcountrycrui

Just went over to Wenatchee to pick up a 1990 Loyale. Been looking for a couple of weeks and found nothing but heaps of poo. This one was worth the drive.

1990 Loyale, 3 owners including me.

Paint in decent shape, VERY little rust.

Needs front tires and not sure what to get or how big I can go stock. I will look into that later.

CV's all in good shape

Engine runs very well, timing seems to be off though. It was pinging pretty bad when I test drove it. So I put mid grade in it to bring it home. Took care of almost all the pinging except for the steepest part of westbound stevens pass.

Three speed auto that seems to be in fine condition. PO claims a high of 35mpg. Looks possible, I got aprox. 29 on the way home. I will know exactly when I refuel.

Interior is in PERFECT SHAPE. Power windows/locks work perfectly.

It has AC but the compressor doesnt engage. Not sure if it is a fuse, low freon switch(if these have them) or bad compressor. I will be trouble shooting that soon.

Also a set of yakima cross bars too.

All in all a great little car. Especialy considering the $900.00 cost.

I have missed having a subaru.

I will be checking the posts for lift info ect. Not sure if a 2 or 4 or 6 inch is for me. Gonna do some learning about this auto too. My first one in a subaru.

Any how just wanted to share the joy.

:banana::lol::grin::banana:

• 2 weeks later...
That is on the list. Right now the auto does ok and gets good mileage. But a 5spd dr will be aquired and installed as money permits.:slobber:

That is nice clean rig, auto gets good mileage??? Isn't it a 3 speed? I found that auto cut mileage by at least 5-7 mpg on my GL/Loyale roos.

This is my first post here. You will have to let me know what mod's you'll be putting on the Loyale. I have a 92, pretty much the same, just maroon paint. I'll take pictures and post them tonight. It is a great looking car. Good luck finding aftermarket anything for it. I had to build my own cold air intake for my own. I'll take pictures of that too.

Cool,

Where are you located? This is a great group of people. Very "all knowing". Just use the search or ask your questions and you will have your answers. Most stuff for the subarus of our generations needs to be hand made. I will be doing the 2 inch strut blocks here shortly. Also swapping in a Dual Range 5 spd when money is available. Ive been looking for wheels off of a Peugot, but know that I have seen how easy it is to drill the hubs to 6 lugs on 5.5 inches, I think I will do it that way instead. We use the car mostly as an overland car. Not for rock crawling or real off roading. So the two inches of suspension lift and some good 27 inch all terains will do me well.

Take care and welcome aboard.:banana: