Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

the high oil pressure fixed

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:48 PM

Ever since i got my BRAT about 2 years ago, its had the oil pressure guage pegged to the top when the engine is running. When i busted the oil pump housing, and replaced it with a McBrat extra pump, his came with a oil sending unit so i left it on, and same thing, high pressure just like the other pump.

I recently ordered a sending unit from the rockauto closeout, and installed it today. yay. oil pressure shows about 70 when start the car cold, when running on the road about 60 or so, and at idle about 30 or so..when warmed up. seems about right.

now i just need to fix my gas guage sender......then a few more things and my project Brat is complete...

#2 somick

somick

92 Loyale

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • alaska

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:06 PM

Ever since i got my BRAT about 2 years ago, its had the oil pressure guage pegged to the top when the engine is running. When i busted the oil pump housing, and replaced it with a McBrat extra pump, his came with a oil sending unit so i left it on, and same thing, high pressure just like the other pump.

I recently ordered a sending unit from the rockauto closeout, and installed it today. yay. oil pressure shows about 70 when start the car cold, when running on the road about 60 or so, and at idle about 30 or so..when warmed up. seems about right.

now i just need to fix my gas guage sender......then a few more things and my project Brat is complete...

Suppose to be: running 0 to 45 (depending on conditions) Once again: rockauto got another victim! Sorry, Sam

#3 lostbrat

lostbrat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Weare ,NH

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:11 PM

hows he a victim if his gauge now works properly????? seems like he is happy, explain your victim,, i am a victim of this crappy usa. love fuji though:-\

#4 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:41 PM

running on highway shows 45
idle at stoplight about 27

cold start goes to about 70 or so til warm

#5 TheYeti

TheYeti

Carp in Denim!

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • Arvada

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:49 AM

running on highway shows 45
idle at stoplight about 27

cold start goes to about 70 or so til warm

Seems right on par with my hatch.

#6 casm

casm

The Timex of Lifters

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • Seattle, Washington

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:06 AM

Seems right on par with my hatch.

Sounds like the last two Brats I've had - both with Rock Auto-supplied OEM oil pressure sensors. Cold pegs the gauge at 70, warm running is typically around 45-50, and idle is 30-ish.

Guess we're all just victims! :D

#7 somick

somick

92 Loyale

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • alaska

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:14 PM

hows he a victim if his gauge now works properly????? seems like he is happy, explain your victim,, i am a victim of this crappy usa. love fuji though:-\

From the original post: 60 and 30 is too high.
You guys keep buying from them! It will end up you paying more: they sent me wrong parts THREE times! Charged me for shipping...
Good luck,
Sam

Edited by somick, 04 August 2009 - 01:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users