Ultimate Subaru Message Board

the high oil pressure fixed

Ever since i got my BRAT about 2 years ago, its had the oil pressure guage pegged to the top when the engine is running. When i busted the oil pump housing, and replaced it with a McBrat extra pump, his came with a oil sending unit so i left it on, and same thing, high pressure just like the other pump.

I recently ordered a sending unit from the rockauto closeout, and installed it today. yay. oil pressure shows about 70 when start the car cold, when running on the road about 60 or so, and at idle about 30 or so..when warmed up. seems about right.

now i just need to fix my gas guage sender......then a few more things and my project Brat is complete...

Ever since i got my BRAT about 2 years ago, its had the oil pressure guage pegged to the top when the engine is running. When i busted the oil pump housing, and replaced it with a McBrat extra pump, his came with a oil sending unit so i left it on, and same thing, high pressure just like the other pump.

I recently ordered a sending unit from the rockauto closeout, and installed it today. yay. oil pressure shows about 70 when start the car cold, when running on the road about 60 or so, and at idle about 30 or so..when warmed up. seems about right.

now i just need to fix my gas guage sender......then a few more things and my project Brat is complete...

Suppose to be: running 0 to 45 (depending on conditions) Once again: rockauto got another victim! Sorry, Sam

Seems right on par with my hatch.

Sounds like the last two Brats I've had - both with Rock Auto-supplied OEM oil pressure sensors. Cold pegs the gauge at 70, warm running is typically around 45-50, and idle is 30-ish.

Guess we're all just victims! :D

hows he a victim if his gauge now works properly????? seems like he is happy, explain your victim,, i am a victim of this crappy usa. love fuji though:-\

From the original post: 60 and 30 is too high.

You guys keep buying from them! It will end up you paying more: they sent me wrong parts THREE times! Charged me for shipping...

Good luck,

Sam

Edited by somick