• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Check out my Snap-On!

snap-on-vintage-2.jpg

Okay, that's not the one I got from Shawn :lol: But I did just get it today at the autoparts swap meet... the guy hauled it there on it's "back" and now the bottom drawers won't open, so he dropped the price, and I chatted with him some, and he let me have it for $5. :banana: now to restore it....

did a little research... what I got today was:

KR352 Roll Cab (1953-1958)

KR422 Drawer Section (1958)

And I found the bar/lever used to lock the drawers in the roll cab, and it works fine :banana:

so it's a fully functional set for $5. I might replace the locks....

• 2 weeks later...

I found some new casters for it on eBay with the right bolt pattern :banana:

and last night I decided to re-arrange how I was organizing the garage, so it's a big mess again, but I shold be able to have all the toolboxes together now....

It's not a rolling tool box but it's a workbench that I designed at work. It's made mostly from 14ga, type 316 stainless steel with a mirror finish. Personally I would have gone with a bushed finish through out but the yacht company that's buying it wanted it shinny. The drawer slides are rated at a little over 100lb per pair and there are 11 pairs of slides. The slides are also 100% s/s with ball bearings. You don't want to know how much they cost.

tool_box.jpg

It's not a rolling tool box but it's a workbench that I designed at work. It's made mostly from 14ga, type 316 stainless steel with a mirror finish. Personally I would have gone with a bushed finish through out but the yacht company that's buying it wanted it shinny. The drawer slides are rated at a little over 100lb per pair and there are 11 pairs of slides. The slides are also 100% s/s with ball bearings. You don't want to know how much they cost.

tool_box.jpg

Thats too pretty to use!

Looks like it belongs in a nice kitchen :-p

The kitchen and restaurant people prefer a brushed finish. I know this because the company I work for dose mostly restaurant tables, cabinets, hoods, etc...

This work bench is going to end up in the engine room of a yacht. I might be getting a couple of more picture here in a day or two now that the workbench and matching wall cabinet are ready to ship.

And Rob, if you want to see some of my other handy work, go to the Taco Time in Bonney Lake and check out the big prep counter in the middle of the kitchen.

Edited by GLCraig

So i have been spending weeks trying to sort out the mess in my garage. Today I did enough to take pix and attempt to show it off.

Here you'll see my Toolboxes & work bench.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=4887&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=4892&g2_serialNumber=2

This is the opposite wall of my garage, with my other workstation. Here is where the failed RC experiments were held. Along with a few toyota tid-bits, wiring & small jobs on the brat.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=4912&g2_serialNumber=2

Tomorrow I plan on taking a load to the dump and can finish the rest of the cleanup.