Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a strange issue with my '09 Outback Special Edition stereo-at random times while listening to a CD, or the radio, or using my mp3 player in the AUX mode, the sound will completely drop out. There is no speaker hiss-no audio signal whatsoever. could it be the amplifier crapping out? It will work again after turning stereo off and on, but for a nearly-brand new Subie is something that anyone else has experienced?!!

Its a warranty item. Most factory amplifiers don't get discrete power in the same way as aftermarket amps. So its kinda hard to say its a power connection problem. Even if it is a power problem, it comes back to a warranty issue. Any competent stereo shop could troubleshoot it, but you'd be spending a bunch of money for a troubleshoot only to learn that the problem is either somewhere in the factory wiring harness (warranty item) or in the amp itself (warranty item). So take it back to the dealership and make them take care of it. There's a fair chance it will end up at a competent stereo shop anyway, but at least that way it will still be covered under warranty.