Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

'09 Outback stereo problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jetpackboy

jetpackboy

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:48 PM

I have a strange issue with my '09 Outback Special Edition stereo-at random times while listening to a CD, or the radio, or using my mp3 player in the AUX mode, the sound will completely drop out. There is no speaker hiss-no audio signal whatsoever. could it be the amplifier crapping out? It will work again after turning stereo off and on, but for a nearly-brand new Subie is something that anyone else has experienced?!!

#2 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,654 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:22 AM

My ex had some issues with her 06 Outback. It would randomly do something similar.

I'd suggest posting over on www.legacygt.com/forums as there are more people over there with the newer legacy/outback.

#3 Cougar

Cougar

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,342 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:53 PM

I think you may be correct about the amplifier idea, especially if it is seperate. I would suspect a bad power connection to it.

#4 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,637 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:49 PM

There seem to be a run of issues with this headunit.

nipper

#5 Scoobywagon

Scoobywagon

Evil Genius (tm) for Hire

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
  • Bremerton-like

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:37 PM

Its a warranty item. Most factory amplifiers don't get discrete power in the same way as aftermarket amps. So its kinda hard to say its a power connection problem. Even if it is a power problem, it comes back to a warranty issue. Any competent stereo shop could troubleshoot it, but you'd be spending a bunch of money for a troubleshoot only to learn that the problem is either somewhere in the factory wiring harness (warranty item) or in the amp itself (warranty item). So take it back to the dealership and make them take care of it. There's a fair chance it will end up at a competent stereo shop anyway, but at least that way it will still be covered under warranty.

#6 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,928 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:37 AM

Had a problem with 05 OB where the entire radio/hvac (combined unit) would lose power. Replaced under warranty. I was told it was a power connector problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users