Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bathust Lotus Race 16th to 1st in half a lap

coxy

Not linked but worth a look if you want to see some real serious racing,just do a google search for Dean Evans 2005 Bathurst Lotus Trophy race.

!6th to 1st in major traffic in half a lap of what is one on the scariest tracks I've ever been on.

Bathurst or Mount Panorama is more well known for the Touring car race later in the year,this particular race takes place over Easter every year.

I have only done the circuit on bikes and once as a special stage in a state rally round over here and believe me it is much steeper than most video coverage implies and quite narrow.

Speeds they are doing over the top of the circuit are in the order of 200 KM/H or roughly 125 MPH and around 85 to 100 MPH through the uphill corners,down the straight at the end they approach 170 MPH with these cars almost 290 KMH .

Believe me on a big GSXr Suzuki down the straight you see over 300 KMH and that 2 mile plus straight seems real short.

This guy is seriously commited to winning that race and this is some of the tightest racing you will ever see finding gaps that just don't seem to exist.

Watch and enjoy