Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I need a Subie mechanic near Edison New Jersey.

There are a few things you can do to try and figure it out..............

Get a subaru Repair manual, and go for it. The only way I learned was to do it, there are a couple of things to check, thermostat, look for leaks, radiator cap, radiator, Water pump, Water level, make sure the air bubble is out , make sure you fan is coming on, or it might be a blown Head Gasket, If anything you might get to know your car a little bit, witch would never hurt..................:)

Jeff

There are a few things you can do to try and figure it out..............

Get a subaru Repair manual, and go for it. The only way I learned was to do it, there are a couple of things to check, thermostat, look for leaks, radiator cap, radiator, Water pump, Water level, make sure the air bubble is out , make sure you fan is coming on, or it might be a blown Head Gasket, If anything you might get to know your car a little bit, witch would never hurt..................:)

Jeff

i got installed, new water pump, timing belt, thermastat, but antifreeze is backing up into resevior.

i need to find out what exactly needs to be done and what will it cost.

eli

it has a new cap too. I have not seen buble yet, but there seem to be oil present, not sure yet. my bro-in-law did a co test in the rad and no co present.

i already spent $1700+ on possibilities. it is 96. i would like to have a subie mechanic to tell me exactly what is needed to get this done right.

eli

did the compression test no external leaks..

I dont understand what you mean by this. What were the numbers of the test, both wet and dry.

A pressure test of the cooling system would be helpful, but my gut says its a bad HG.

nipper

then i need a subie mechanic in NJ i can trust to do the right job of replacing or repairing the H/G. i don't trust the local mechanic in my town.

Looks like you've got some choices over there.............

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4DKUS_enUS255US255&q=Edison+New+Jersey++mechanic&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

There is more than one Shop right near your town....................

Jeff

Ask NJdrSubaru he lives around there.

As far as what to do next?

How many miles on the engine. How long has it been over heating. What has been done to diagnose it? What recent service has been done to it? Has the car been driven with the engine temp gauge pegged.

nipper