Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tire size vs lift size vs wheel size

gwilson87

I haven't been able to find anything about what tires/wheels people are running with their lifts or no lift at all. Thus being the case, I want to know. What tires/wheels are people running with how much lift? I'm currently stock with some toyota 4runner 15x7 wheels sitting in the wings till the next paycheck comes in. Thinking of running General Grabber AT2's in a 205/75R15. What do you all got?

I have a 2" plus lift on Blu, but run stock tires. Due to the rear suspension geometry, the higher the lift, the closer the rear tire arcs towards the body, so my options are limited.

That and I really havent found a need to go to a bigger tire and throw off my spedo for such little gain.

nipper

205/75/14 on Peugeot steelies

No lift, no bashing, minor front fender trim/roll. No rubbing.

picture.php?albumid=149&pictureid=1328

27x8.5x14 Kumho M/T on Chevy Luv wheels

3" lift, lots of trimming/bashing, rubs in the rear (shocks are toast)

PC220001.jpg

Edited by Greenley
  • Like 1

4"SJR, 15" Nissan steels, 215/75R15 grabbers

Very little trimming needed, and wouldn't have even needed a hammer, had I not rolled the cuts.

Speaking of such, I was wondering what you use behind the fender to roll the cuts..? I'd like to do the same.

Pics maybe?

-Tom

Im running 31-10.50 R15 Maxxis BigHorns on 15x7 Toyota wheels with a 6-ish inch lift. Power is a bit lacking in the top-end, but it still gets up to 80 at see level. A little big for crawling, but man I can go over things :banana: I did a good bit of cutting and bashing in the front, really only needed to do some hammer work in the back but I got crazy with the sawzall instead... Bad Idea.

11-29-08_1305.jpg

-Bill

Edited by The Beast I Drive
added picture

205/75/14 About 26.1" tall AT tires. (there are companies that still make 'em small, just gotta special order)

Pugs with no lift on a 1983 GL.

Minor trimming just to be safe. Taken it out a couple times so far with no rubbing.

Not exactly what you are thinking but since you asked. :)

Speaking of such, I was wondering what you use behind the fender to roll the cuts..? I'd like to do the same.

Pics maybe?

-Tom

I cut about 1/2" long, then used a combo of small vise grip clamps to start the bend and a 3# hammer to finish. Without starting the bend first, the metal will bend wherever it wants to, if you just start hammering. Really, it just takes practice...my first fender isn't as nice as the rest. All look pretty good, from more of a distance:

DSC01023.jpg

DSC01024.jpg

DSC01025.jpg

No pics of the rear/rear, covered up nicely with the stock mudflaps. And yes, I know...they still need paint.

I'm the real pic whore, Bill!!! :lol:

• 1 year later...