Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 Lower Control Arm Mod Length

Bugaru

Is there a universally agreed upon measurement to lengthen EA81 lower control arms to fit the longer EA82 axles properly? I can't seem to find a specific thread. Also looking for any feedback from those who have done it, pros, cons?

I do remember seeing a wagon posted a long while back that had custom control arms - but it was SUPER hillbilly style.

I know s'ko has transplanted the entire EA82 front cross-member under his (recently wrecked) lifted Brat. He might know the most of any members that are frequently online....

what are you going to use to move the strut towers outboard enough to correct the camber? I'm sure you have something in mind - will it still fit inside the fenders or will you have to modify them?

Are you going for longer axles to improve clearance?

GD

I am unable to do the cross member swap due to the way I built the existing one into the skid plate/cage assembly. At least for now.

Heh Heh..."SUPER hillbilly style" not just the regular hillbilly style.

I've got an acceptable amount of clearance up front(although more would be nice), I wanted to lengthen the control arms and fit the EA82 axles to correct the nasty positive camber problem I have. The adjustable lift helps but not quite enough. It looks like the struts will clear the fenders after the mod without anymore cutting.

I need a new set of front tires and I don't want to burn em up when I come to Portland.