Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WOW Found a Brat is Texas

I found a Brat for sale in Dallas. Went and saw it today...:banana:

Its really odd. The guy says its a 1977 Brat(four head lights), no title, Also the Vin Number Plate has several more digits than mine!

Info

Shifter boot is square, not rounded, Speedometer goes up to 120? (mine stops at like 80 or so? The interior was very different than my 1980... Looks just like mine on the outside except for four headlights.

This is the second brat I have ever seen except for mine here in Dallas.

The car is white, all the plastic has been busted out, (even the side lights)

The tail gate looks like a truck rammed it... The engine turns by hand, and 4wd will engage, tranie will shift, All the wheels have been turned inside out???? WEIRD??? and it has a roll bar in the bed.

He wants $450, But He wont be able to sell it for that here as everyone is afriad of them. I offered $150...

Anyway

So anyway what the hell is this thing??? why is it so different Than by 80?

Sorry I didn't get any pictures.

And Should I buy this thing? I want the struts and engine and such...

-Daniel

The parts alone are worth more than a $100. I saw it too on CL. You better get it!

Don't under estimate the demand here in the metroplex. I know of 5 Gen 1 BRAT owners and more that are seeking.

Grab it! (Unless is just totally beat)!

The parts alone are worth more than a $100. I saw it too on CL. You better get it!

Don't under estimate the demand here in the metroplex. I know of 5 Gen 1 BRAT owners and more that are seeking.

Grab it! (Unless is just totally beat)!

Todd,

Ya its severely Beat: Back end is wrecked, all four axles are bad, the big Longhorn looking metal on the rear suspension is bend (like to about a 100° angle) The wind shield has like 7 huge cracks, no good plastic (except for a good grill) I think it was vandalized, and has not been registered since 2000.

But all that said, I want the motor transmission, wheels, and all the rotors and hubs and suspension parts and what not...

Ya I am going to call him this weekend and Offer $150 cash again. Also all the tires are unroadable... So I will have to tow on a dolly with two of my Brats wheels.

-Daniel