Ultimate Subaru Message Board

just enjoying the weather that much more now. . .

The Scooby

besides the fact that you will lose alot of rigidity when you take the rear doors off. they are designed to be part of the puzzle.just be aware of that...cheers, brian

I don't know about that. you can get an EA82 teetering on 2 wheels, and still open/close all 4 doors just fine. can't do that in a jeep :lol:

but yea, I love a doorless subie!

PICT1381.jpg

i'm not here to argue, but i can't believe that it is a safe thing to do when you would be losing all of your torsional rigidity that the doors offer.

and i can't see a guy opening all four doors at the same time while flexing.:lol:

there is a difference in opening them, and having them non-existent also....going over bumps,driving over rough areas etc.....

just sayin.....just from the weight of the BODY itself, i have jacked up a brat and had it deflect 2 inches from corner to corner.when i was measuring to put that blue brat body onto the toyota frame........anyways.

i love the doorless look too.but would at least put a bar between the jambs if i was you.cheers, brian

im gonna build 4 tube doors to replace the stock ones so they will bolt in and latch. i hope to have them done before the off-road meet but who knows.

and honestly i couldn't tell a difference with or without them driving around and weelin a little yesterday.

I love having the front doors off, I modified my hinges so all I have to do is pull the pins and off they come, Im going to try to make some Jeep-style hinges when I get a chance after WCSS 11 though because after sitting all winter with mud and sand in them, the pins did NOT want to come out this spring :-\. Personally I dont really like the look of the back doors off, but it would be cool for the passengers :banana:

-Bill