First I had my friend fab up a 3" diameter snorkel at his exhaust shop that I have then painted and mounted to the passenger side pillar with two nuts that were welded to the pillar and a couple brackets that bolt to those nuts. I topped the snorkel off with a 3" Safari Snorkel head.
Under the hood I modified the stock EJ22 intake. I cut off the flexible part of the intake behind the air flow sensor and then moved the air flow sensor back to make room for the new K&N Apollo enclosed in-line air intake. I had to move the IAC valve hose connector back by where the crank case connectors are. I used JB Weld to seal it up nicely to prevent air leaks.
I used an 80mm to 70mm adapter to mate the air flow sensor to the air filter housing. On the front side of the K&N air filter housing I used a 3" flex hose to mate up to the snorkel. It works great and I am happy with the results. I know it could have been done cleaner under the hood, but this works for me.
Under the hood:
A few shots of the snorkel:
Edited by bobs97c5, 20 August 2009 - 11:12 PM.