Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ea81 to ea82 flywheel diff.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,402 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

does anyone know the thickness measurements for these two animals?or distinct differences?cheers, brian

#2 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:06 PM

Bolt pattern is the same but the EA82 holes are about 2mm larger diameter.

One of them is thicker by about 2mm - can't recall which just at the moment.

The step spec for the pressure plate is slightly different.

All of these can be overcome for swapping them in any way you like. It's a matter of using the right clutch components - some EA82 discs for example will not fit inside the EA81 pressure plate.

GD

#3 bratsrus1

bratsrus1

Race car

• Members
  • 1,289 posts
  • Selah Washington

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:28 PM

Hi Brian This is Jerry, the EA81 flywheel is 90 thousands thicker than the EA82. Also the EA81 flywheel has smaller bolts. Thanks Jerry

#4 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,402 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:38 PM

thanks jerry.the 90 thousandths is what i was looking for...GD, who the ************ are you talkin to?i know that ************.i asked for measurements:grin:.cheers, brian

Edited by monstaru, 16 August 2009 - 10:49 PM.

#5 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:55 PM

or distinct differences?cheers, brian

The guy who wrote that.... which apparently wasn't you. :rolleyes:

Being that you asked, I find it disconcerting that you wish to lash out at me for providing what information I could. I doesn't engender an environment where I wish to help you in the future.

GD

#6 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,402 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:06 PM

knock it off mr. sensitive.get over yourself and go to your minions if you need your ego stroked.........not really a cheers, brian

#7 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:26 AM

Brian, the hole size is easily solved. I used the EA82 flywheel since I could use a larger clutch for my 5 speed conversion.

I went to the hardware store and picked up a short section of thinwall aluminum tubing (forgot the size but you can figure it out) and cut short lengths of it to put around the EA81 bolts to take up the space. Works like a charm.

I know others have just tightened up the bolts and ignored the space, but the German in me wanted to eliminate it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users