Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Legacy rear Swaybar? (new wheelz)

Guest who1981

I just went and got 15" ENKEI RS6 Wheels and low'ish-profile tyres For my 94 Legacy WANGON.. What an improvement over the 14" stock rims! Lots more responsive handeling.

But when cornering VERY hard, if I go over a bump or dip, the rear tyres rub the ruber molding on the outside edge of the fender, Just a little..

Now the way I want to fix this is with a Rear sway bar.. Stop all the frek'n body roll!

»Will a sway bar from a 90's Legacy Turbo, fit, or adapt, easily to my 94 non-turbo Wagon??????

»If so, anyone know where I can get one in the Northwest?

»If not, are there any good aftermarket rear bars that will work? Anyone used one?

»and How well do they work?

Thanks..

(PS, I'll get some Pictures up, the Leg is look'n spiffy)

Guest Hondasucks

Yes, the turbo sway bar will fit. If you find a Turbo Wagon, yank the front AND rear sway bars, and if you can, yank the brake rotors/calipers and the struts, as teh struts are stiffer and the brakes are bigger than on the non-turbo. At the least, grab the sway bars.

Guest who1981

Ya, for sure if I find a turbo wagon I'll be pulling Everything I can..... but turbo legacy wagons are harder to find that their sedan counterparts, So

»I assume that wagon swaybars and sedan swaybars are the same?? 8o

Guest GlCraigGT

I have a 94 that included a rear sway bar as a part of an option package and it looks just like the 95+ sway bars on legacy wagons. The down side is that it's only 14mm. I've looked at a few 92-94 wagons and the mounting points for the sway bar are there on the frame rails but I'm not 100% sure about the mounting point on the control arms. Also I've seen some Outbacks with an even larger sway bar, my guess on the size would be 18mm.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hugota

Being new to these cars, I picked up an 87 turbo wagon that had an engine fire (I'll be posting a want on this later) and I just bought a 90 Legacy wagon.

My question is, is there anything on the 87 tht is usable on the 90?

I may part the 87 out.

Hugo