Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Caravan from Reno Nev. to the WCSS! All is welcome to join.

Our trip plans should put us near Bend oregon friday mid-afternoon. Not sure exactly what our route will be, but if anyone who lives along the way is planning to drive north and would like to follow along, they are more than welcome!

I will have my laptop & GPS setup, and if we're lucky enough to find ourselfs at a Starbux friday morning (or any modern coffee shop for that matter) i will be able to reply here with our location & status.

Would be nice to meet at a fueling station close to the freeway to help keep downtime to a minimum. We are a pack of EA81's so don't worry about not being able to keep up :grin:

So far we got:

• TheSubaruJunkie (1983 GL10 Brat, EA81)
  • NV Zeno (Bone stock 1983 GL Wagon)
  • Jibs (Either one of his Brats, or a hatch...)
  • Possibly Subieman??? (1996 Outback Wagon with A/C [LUCKY!!])

Did I miss anybody? Dalton... you there?

Our trip plans should put us near Bend oregon friday mid-afternoon. Not sure exactly what our route will be, but if anyone who lives along the way is planning to drive north and would like to follow along, they are more than welcome!

I will have my laptop & GPS setup, and if we're lucky enough to find ourselfs at a Starbux friday morning (or any modern coffee shop for that matter) i will be able to reply here with our location & status.

Would be nice to meet at a fueling station close to the freeway to help keep downtime to a minimum. We are a pack of EA81's so don't worry about not being able to keep up :grin:

So far we got:

• TheSubaruJunkie (1983 GL10 Brat, EA81)
  • NV Zeno (Bone stock 1983 GL Wagon)
  • Jibs (Either one of his Brats, or a hatch...)
  • Possibly Subieman??? (1996 Outback Wagon with A/C [LUCKY!!])

Did I miss anybody? Dalton... you there?

Last I comm'd with JB, his planned route was 395 (Susanville)-44-89-5-> Portland.

I'm good with the Bend route, don't have to see Eugene and Portland that way:-p..but I'll go whichever.

Team cf and I found an awesome trail about 2mi long full of sube goodness yesterday near the fairgrounds..."Shh....I didn't say that..."

So If ya hook up with us At lolo pass (Mt.Hood ) or at Parkdale, Or.. Fri we can have a sube cararvan..and get some trails in before the fairgrounds open...!

my cell 503-314-7535

cb ch 28 however, reception sucks near the powerlines...

Team cf and I found an awesome trail about 2mi long full of sube goodness yesterday near the fairgrounds..."Shh....I didn't say that..."

So If ya hook up with us At lolo pass (Mt.Hood ) or at Parkdale, Or.. Fri we can have a sube cararvan..and get some trails in before the fairgrounds open...!

my cell 503-314-7535

cb ch 28 however, reception sucks near the powerlines...

No fair...

Even if everyone leaves after 8 or 9 on Friday night I still wont be able to tag along. I don't see very well at night anymore and fatigue sits in. So I will still be leaving Friday morning very early.

Maybe I'll catch up that would be cool. :lol:

I got everyones # and I have my iPhone, I'll be able to check the board on my drive.

No trails for this convoy...

Dave, i havent talked to JB a whole lot on the exact route, but im not sure why we would want to head toward I5... would be out of the way wouldnt it?

Im still in the process of punching in addresses and seeing what towns, routes, and whatnot.

We still got the better half of a week to finalize everything.

Here is a link of what I kinda had in mind:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Citrus+Heights,+CA+95610&daddr=Gardnerville,+NV+89460+to:Reno,+NV+to:Rim+Drive,+Crater+Lake,+OR+97604+(Crater+Lake+National+Park+Entrance)+to:Skamania+County+Fairgrounds+in+Stevenson,+WA&hl=en&geocode=%3B%3B%3BFd6OjgIdEl-4-CEiMAZtf81pyw%3BFYYwuQIdnPm7-CG7_eByXd0RhQ&mra=ls&sll=42.175343,-120.897616&sspn=12.663161,28.54248&ie=UTF8&ll=42.163403,-120.959473&spn=12.666395,28.54248&t=h&z=6

I only threw in crater lake so it would keep Google from forcing me to Take I5.

My thoughts are (if we don't go I-5) are pretty much that route, except instead of 197 (all desert and out of the way to the east), taking US26 to OR-35 to Hood River, than to WCSS.

Probably cuts off a few miles, some time and is mostly forested, meaning a much cooler ride. A short hot spell crossing the Deschutes River at the Indian reservation, then the rest is a very nice drive.

My 2 bucks

Jeremy i know thanks :)

Mike, that is very good to know, i am going to mark that on the map and we can head for a toll-free crossing.

Dave, shaded forest definatly sounds better than desert.

Brian (and Mike), the Colombia River bridges aren't like the bridges around San Francisco ($5~6 for the Golden Gate :eek:, at least $4 for SF/O), IIRC they're only a buck or less. Certainly not worth going out of our way for, especially if it's unpleasant desert.

Just my 2 bucks