Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2009 Impreza Door Panel Removal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Dude

The Dude

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 800 posts
  • South Carolina

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:28 AM

One last appeal for help. I'm trying to replace the OEM speakers in the front doors. It's all pretty straight forward except for the door handle. There's no bezel around the door handle as there was in previous year Subarus. There's a very large plastic panel in place of the bezel. Frankly, I'm stumped. Thanks, if anyone can help.

#2 EVOthis

EVOthis

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,392 posts
  • Kennett Square PA

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:11 PM

There are either 2 or 3 screws holding on the door panel...do you see the black plastic plate when you pull the handle back ( the handle where the lock is)..I use a small pick and pull that out, there is a screw behind it...Also...the door handle itself there are either one or two screws there..trim removal tools come in handy here..you have to pry up the handle itself and it will reveal the screws.....Ive removed dozens of them on 09's.....If you snap a pic Ill be able to describe it better for you...

Edited by EVOthis, 22 August 2009 - 01:15 PM.

#3 The Dude

The Dude

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 800 posts
  • South Carolina

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:31 PM

Thanks for your help, Evothis. I actually stumbled upon the solution. The door handle does not come out before removing the door. You remove the door with the door handle still in place. You can then remove the door handle from the backside of the panel.

Edited by The Dude, 23 August 2009 - 10:29 AM.

#4 EVOthis

EVOthis

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,392 posts
  • Kennett Square PA

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:36 PM

Which handle are we talking about the one where the lock is or the one where the window/power door lock controls are...I'd be interested to see exactly how you did it..lol..nonetheless I am glad you got it off..You do a couple and it will be second nature...;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users