Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2009 Impreza Door Panel Removal

One last appeal for help. I'm trying to replace the OEM speakers in the front doors. It's all pretty straight forward except for the door handle. There's no bezel around the door handle as there was in previous year Subarus. There's a very large plastic panel in place of the bezel. Frankly, I'm stumped. Thanks, if anyone can help.

There are either 2 or 3 screws holding on the door panel...do you see the black plastic plate when you pull the handle back ( the handle where the lock is)..I use a small pick and pull that out, there is a screw behind it...Also...the door handle itself there are either one or two screws there..trim removal tools come in handy here..you have to pry up the handle itself and it will reveal the screws.....Ive removed dozens of them on 09's.....If you snap a pic Ill be able to describe it better for you...

Edited by EVOthis

Thanks for your help, Evothis. I actually stumbled upon the solution. The door handle does not come out before removing the door. You remove the door with the door handle still in place. You can then remove the door handle from the backside of the panel.

Edited by The Dude

Which handle are we talking about the one where the lock is or the one where the window/power door lock controls are...I'd be interested to see exactly how you did it..lol..nonetheless I am glad you got it off..You do a couple and it will be second nature...;)