Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1999 Legacy, which alarm system do I have? Need help, please read.

Hello all. The car is a 1999 L Anniversary Edition wagon. The car came with a factory alarm/keyless combo, but I have no original remotes. I purchased a replacement off of ebay (GOH-M24). I have spent 12+ hours total trying to locate the damn program button. It's not mounted near the hood release and there's no round switch with 2 brown wires attached to any wiring under the dash. As a matter of fact, there's only 1 brown wire coming from the keyless module.

I was told on SL-I that I have the Code Alarm system. I'm starting to think that's incorrect. According the cars101.com, 1999 Legacy's could have had the Alpine or the Code Alarm system. The Alpine system doesn't require a program button to activate additional remote controls which would explain why I can't find any buttons under there.

This car will chirp the horn once when I lock all the doors (open driver's door, power lock the doors, exit vehicle, slam door, then it honks). Is this a characteristic of the Code Alarm system or the Alpine? Also, the alarm LED flashes twice rapidly while the car is off. I never disconnected the battery

9118133d.jpg

74b0839b.jpg

My wife and I have a small child, we also have another one on the way. Having a functional keyless remote would be of great help to the both of us, especially when we have to carry my son over to the car or when loading up groceries. I couldn't care less about the alarm, we just need the keyless to work. Thank you