Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 96 impreza S.W. rear wiper arm has rusted and corroded to the point that it doesn't really wipe the rear window that well , and then, only sometimes.

The motor turns great . The washer sprays , not far , but it sprays. It it is the cast metal is eaten away in spots , and the pin has seized to the arm , at the .... springy thingy point..... as my wife calls it. I said that someone will know here at the USMB , will know how many years and models the rear wiper arm will interchange with , to get a newer one .

Welcome to the club! :banana:

Does your spray from the lower part of the glass up? or from the top down?

Also mine is not good as well it misses a whole spot in the middle. Good to know what the part price is because I won't be able to take it during winter.

Thanks for the welcome , 1-3-2-4 , My sprays from the bottom up , about 3" , not very high but it works .

Grossgary , I found a local wiper arm from a legacy at a local JY , I think will work once I go to get it, going to bring the old one to compare .. thanks for your offer.

I took the wiper arm to the local parts stores....... and they said ....well,,,, we have to order it in, if it is stock....... So that did not work out , Rooster2 , but the thought was real good.

thanks again .:)

Thanks for the welcome , 1-3-2-4 , My sprays from the bottom up , about 3" , not very high but it works .

Grossgary , I found a local wiper arm from a legacy at a local JY , I think will work once I go to get it, going to bring the old one to compare .. thanks for your offer.

I took the wiper arm to the local parts stores....... and they said ....well,,,, we have to order it in, if it is stock....... So that did not work out , Rooster2 , but the thought was real good.

thanks again .:)

Well the parts store idea seemed good at the time. Not every idea works out. Hope you get it fixed with little hassle.