Ultimate Subaru Message Board

04 fxt

bratman18

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need goldies on that thing, wanna talk looking amazing rolling down the road.

Jason, make sure to upload some good pictures of this monster.

I actually thought that too. Black and gold seem to look good on silver cars. I'd love to get some gold BBS, but I doubt it will happen any time soon. I do have some gold wheel paint though. hmmmm

And I will definitely get some good pics.

Someone got some STi control arms.

Yes! And for CHEAP! I have ball joints and the cone washers on the way for them. I just have to remove my rear control arm bushings and swap them out for these ones so that they fit right. I'm hoping they come off mine, I'm sure the rust will fight me.

It always does up here. I've had issues with the captured nuts before one some older rusty outbacks. Yours is new enough it hopefully wont bother.

Yeah I'm not too worried about the bolts that hold them to the body, but the nut, and the stud that have the actual rear control arm mount/bushing on it. That nut will probably come off, but has the bushing rusted itself onto the stud?? That's my worry. I plan on soaking them down with pb blaster once I get it back and hopefully that will help.

I want to see a picture of what it is like looking over that scoop from inside a forester.

Yeah I'll have to take one!

I will be replacing the rusty oil pan that has started to leak, with a rust free, mint oil pan from an 05 STi early next week. And at the same time installing my group N tranny and motor mounts that I have had for ever.

Then, the next thing will be the STi intake manifold, turbo inlet, and one step colder plugs. Not sure when that will be happening yet.

So last night I went and a friend and I installed the new oil pan, that despite what I found online, was different than my stock one, but still fit and the pickup sat in the same spot, so that was all good. Also installed the group N motor and tranny mounts, and did the spark plugs too. Everything went pretty good. Had an issue with a corroded wire on one of the coils, but that's all good now too.

So there I was all happy that my car was finally getting some stuff done, and parts installed that I have had sitting around forever, I was about a mile from my house and bam, I hot something. I did't see anything so I had no clue what it was. I turned around and went back and found that a fox had run out in front of me, my first thought was the new body work. So I pulled under a street light and sure enough the paint is cracked in a couple spots, and where the lip was molded into the bumper in one spot pulled away. Damn fox. It sucks I hit him, but it really sucks that I have to go back to the body shop after only a week! But he said he can fix it no problem, so that's next on the list.

• 2 weeks later...
Always can tell a genuine STi intake manifold. I have never seen a painted one that was spot on with the STi's.

I agree. I have seen many painted and powder coated ones, and it seems the factory powder coated STi intake manifolds have their own look. And it's so much cleaner under the hood!