Ultimate Subaru Message Board

massive air leak

Weber swap on an '85 GL wagon. It runs really lean and i cant figure out where the air leak is happening. I have all the vacuum ports sealed off and I am going to get a can of brake cleaner to try and find the culprit.

is there any other things I am missing?

you have to touch your right nipple to the left ventricle on the carb,and it will work.......:lol:sorry, couldna resist.

make sure your mounting surfaces are not the culprit as well.old vacuum hose gets hard sometimes, and it will not seal.the cool thing is this stuff is usually cheap.so replace if you have any doubts.

it can be a huge pain in the rump roast to figure this out. just have patience...it will work out mang...cheers, brian

no, but i blocked off the most of intake with my hand and it ran fine then. And it is running really lean. So I am assuming that there is too much air, hence a vacuum leak. And it is idling at around 2000-3500 rpm, so it is bypassing the idle circuit, so changing the fuel/air mixture won't do anything.