Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sad Day coming soon

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 XTREME RACING

XTREME RACING

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • YORK, SC

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:28 AM

Well I knew this day would come soon. My 86 brat is up there in the years so I knew this day would come. I have a feeling by tomorrow my Brat will turn over 50k orginal miles. Still runs strong and should have another 50K with no problems. Just sad that it is getting this many miles on it.

#2 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,057 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:31 AM

Well I knew this day would come soon. My 86 brat is up there in the years so I knew this day would come. I have a feeling by tomorrow my Brat will turn over 50k orginal miles. Still runs strong and should have another 50K with no problems. Just sad that it is getting this many miles on it.

Is this a joke?

If it really has that low miles why the hell are you driving it?

And if you are gonna keep driving it.......don't whine about 50k miles. I put nearly that on my car LAST YEAR!

#3 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:35 AM

i saw a 86 Brat in the Pick N pull JY the other day with 92,000 on it, orginal (original)

50,000 orginal is low (original)

#4 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:41 AM

I have two '84 Brats: one in pristine condition with 117K on it which will be up for sale soon. My work Brat has over 350K on it (not the original engine or transmission but both are running strong). 50K is nothing; your engine should be good for over 200K if you take care of it. In SC you should be more concerned with rust taking over the body.

#5 BigAl

BigAl

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Westminster, CO

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:03 AM

Haha something tells me there was just a hint of sarcasm in this post. But kudos on such a low mile classic.

#6 XTREME RACING

XTREME RACING

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • YORK, SC

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:04 PM

there is a little scarsm in there but it is true general sadness. I did put about 8000 mile on it last year, guess it is a good thing I work from home, LOL.

Here are some pics of her, she is a little dirt.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 hatchsub

hatchsub

Currently Subaru-less :(

• Members
  • 2,619 posts
  • Guilford

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:05 PM

I hate u...that is all. Gorgeous brat. Im jealous.

#8 Ricearu

Ricearu

Official De-Ricer!

• Members
  • 1,208 posts
  • DFW, TX

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:35 PM

dude that is a clean er... i mean p.o.s. brat. If your worried about it breaking, I guess I could give you a couple hundred bucks to drag it off for a daily dr.... parts cow ;)

Really man, nice car no worries. When that engine dies, just stab a carb'd EA82 from an 85-87 GL in it.

#9 BigAl

BigAl

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Westminster, CO

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:47 PM

Holy hell, talk about a survivor. That thing is mint. :eek:

#10 Twitch de la Brat

Twitch de la Brat

Village Psycho

• Members
  • 1,591 posts
  • The Athol of Idaho

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:49 PM

dude that is a clean er... i mean p.o.s. brat. If your worried about it breaking, I guess I could give you a couple hundred bucks to drag it off for a daily dr.... parts cow ;)

Really man, nice car no worries. When that engine dies, just stab a carb'd EA82 from an 85-87 GL in it.

WTF?!?
All BRAT's have EA81's. (or at least all USDM BRAT's do)
And EA82 would be a SERIOUS downgrade.
And my BRAT has 258k on it with a body that shows it.
You're a lucky SOB...

Twitch

#11 3eyedwagon

3eyedwagon

Build it, don't buy it!

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • Apache Junction

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:04 PM

When that engine dies, just stab a carb'd EA82 from an 85-87 GL in it.

Why in creation would anyone ever do something incredibly stupid like that?

Replacing an EA81 with an EA82 of any variety (let alone picking a carbed one out of all of them) would be a serious downgrade. Leave the EA81 alone. It makes plenty of power, with a better, more usable, torque curve, and doesn't have 1/4 of the problems.

#12 Ricearu

Ricearu

Official De-Ricer!

• Members
  • 1,208 posts
  • DFW, TX

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:30 PM

they are easier to come by here in tx. I did not know the power difference. I am mainly an EJ guy so I am still storing info on the EA motors. My EA SPFI runs pretty good.

#13 crockettbrat

crockettbrat

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Crockett

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:30 PM

Well if it make you feel better my poor baby just turned 200k the other day. Of course the ej has just over 100k. Mine also has two lousy paint jobs over the original black paint, but still turns heads and looks good from 20ft away. You have a beautiful machine there. Lets see some more pics!

Daniel

#14 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,448 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:37 PM

Mine has somewhere around 265,xxx!! Nice Brat!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users