Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sad Day coming soon

Well I knew this day would come soon. My 86 brat is up there in the years so I knew this day would come. I have a feeling by tomorrow my Brat will turn over 50k orginal miles. Still runs strong and should have another 50K with no problems. Just sad that it is getting this many miles on it.

Well I knew this day would come soon. My 86 brat is up there in the years so I knew this day would come. I have a feeling by tomorrow my Brat will turn over 50k orginal miles. Still runs strong and should have another 50K with no problems. Just sad that it is getting this many miles on it.

Is this a joke?

If it really has that low miles why the hell are you driving it?

And if you are gonna keep driving it.......don't whine about 50k miles. I put nearly that on my car LAST YEAR!

I have two '84 Brats: one in pristine condition with 117K on it which will be up for sale soon. My work Brat has over 350K on it (not the original engine or transmission but both are running strong). 50K is nothing; your engine should be good for over 200K if you take care of it. In SC you should be more concerned with rust taking over the body.

dude that is a clean er... i mean p.o.s. brat. If your worried about it breaking, I guess I could give you a couple hundred bucks to drag it off for a daily dr.... parts cow ;)

Really man, nice car no worries. When that engine dies, just stab a carb'd EA82 from an 85-87 GL in it.

dude that is a clean er... i mean p.o.s. brat. If your worried about it breaking, I guess I could give you a couple hundred bucks to drag it off for a daily dr.... parts cow ;)

Really man, nice car no worries. When that engine dies, just stab a carb'd EA82 from an 85-87 GL in it.

WTF?!?

All BRAT's have EA81's. (or at least all USDM BRAT's do)

And EA82 would be a SERIOUS downgrade.

And my BRAT has 258k on it with a body that shows it.

You're a lucky SOB...

Twitch

When that engine dies, just stab a carb'd EA82 from an 85-87 GL in it.

Why in creation would anyone ever do something incredibly stupid like that?

Replacing an EA81 with an EA82 of any variety (let alone picking a carbed one out of all of them) would be a serious downgrade. Leave the EA81 alone. It makes plenty of power, with a better, more usable, torque curve, and doesn't have 1/4 of the problems.

Well if it make you feel better my poor baby just turned 200k the other day. Of course the ej has just over 100k. Mine also has two lousy paint jobs over the original black paint, but still turns heads and looks good from 20ft away. You have a beautiful machine there. Lets see some more pics!

Daniel