Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Justy Sewing Machine!!! maybe sell? help repair?

Well, I Bought my little 87 Justy back in October..

been a great little car, but apparently, it was run without oil before I got it..

The engine has always been a little noisy, but now, it is terrible, still has power, runs good, but sounds like a sewing machine on crack!!!!

also, when revving at 2500 rpm or so, and let off a little, you an hear a slight rod knock/tumble.

The time has come to retire the justy. It is still in great shape but it needs an exhaust valve in cyl no. 1 (head job), and the rod knock, I would not pay much attention to it..

I am probably gonna park it at the brothers and work on it later, as I don't really want to get rid of it, as it is really worth something, BUT if somebody offers the right price, I would probably let it go..

Don't worry, I am still in the Suby hobby with my desert camo, 6inch lifted 30x9.50 tires, BRAT.

Just letting it around here.. not really a for sale add, BUT, if anybody knows how to remedy this quick and fast, let me know.

can I just replace the exhaust valve by itself? on car, or does the head need to come off?

Thanks for reading,

Mike

mikldom@yahoo.com

Va Beach, VA

sorry,,

I found somebody on Ebay selling a head for 99.99

so, for 100 bux and another 100 for a gasket set, I could make it much better for 200..

i don't want to get to far into it at this point tho..

but, if anybody offers me the right price for it, I would consider selling it.

Has factory Racks, window tint all around, nice upgraded speakers all around (MA Audio).

anybody, let me know.

Mike

mikldom@yahoo.com

Since yes, I do have another justy with an engine that could be made to run, I just may keep it and swap the engine,

but,

if somebody offered me $350.00 (or more) for it, I would be inclined to sell it.

otherwise in two weeks or so, I am driving it up to mark's in the mountains, and leaving it, to swap the engine out later.. (when its warmer and the days are longer).

Mike

mikldom@yahoo.com