Ultimate Subaru Message Board

To Many Projects

Im sure everyones got them but i thought i would rant. Man i cant seem to get things done on my car. Re-check the front end and the rear, finish up the body. Plus my wifes van needs some love and this new wagon maybe comming in needs some attention. On top of endless things around the house its just to much. I dont see how some of you other fellas and ladies on here keep your fleet running while holding down a full time job and family.

I honestly have no idea how I do it. Mostly I just try to get *something* done every day. Between my House, Yard, Garden, 6 Subarus, 2 Fords, 1 Nissan, 1 VW, Aging parents, Girlfriend, 40 hr/week job, Bills..... I really am clueless as to how it all doesn't just fall to bits on any given day.

I was laid-off on Friday :-\ so I'm sure I'll have plenty of catch-up time for everything else.

GD

Im sorry GD. You seemed very passionate about your job and the product you worked on so im sorry. Any chance for a callback.

Yes, I did enjoy my work.... but really I enjoy wrenching on just about anything. Sooner or later I probably would have got bored when there wasn't anything more to learn about that industry so maybe it's a good thing. I learned a ton doing it and my resume is better for it - and I don't think any prospective employer will fault me for being laid-off for "economic reasons" durring this reccession. I have reccomendations if I want them and I wasn't the only one that got the ax.....

I'm treating it as an opportunity. Been laid-off two days and already bought my first rig to fix and sell - bought a '99 Forester for $1500 that needs HG's. Got the garage cleaned up and in shape - setup my tool box from my old job and I'm ready to rock and roll. I pickup the Forester on Wednesday and I'm ordering the parts I know I need for it tommorrow.

No messing around for me. Every weekday I go to work - no different than when I pulled wrenches for someone else. Unemployment will cover most of my bills but my goal is to bring in MORE than I made working for someone else.

GD

Good luck,GD. It sounds like a solid enough plan. I'd like to be able to do something like that,but with kids and all,I gotta stay here. If I threw caution to the wind,left a steady job and failed miserably,that'd be one thing.

To take those same chances with kids in tow,that's unexceptable.

At least thats how I see it.

I have never been layed off so I have to be careful about thinking/sounding cocky when it comes to being out of work. I've never had to deal with it and I know how ignorance can breed arrogance.

But, if I was forced into the job market or given the opportunity to strike out on my own,thru lay off or whatever,I think I could make a good go of it.

I like the idea that you plan to use this opportunity to prosper rather than survive.

Attitude is Everything.

I feel ya man. I own/run a computer repair shop, clerk a friends liquor store, and do video editing/production from home.

Seems all I do is work!! Hell I haven't actually cleaned my house in quite some time. My RX needs a tune up, WRX needs tires, and the wagon needs the bracket that holds the ac/alt together. The 67 Chevy is waaaay on the back burner for now.

Been also shoveling money into my Jacuzzi trying to get it back up and running. The flashing wasn't replaced (********************* mistake) when I put on the new roof, so it leaks. A local rancher has been letting his herd of cows roam all over town testing the open range laws, and generally pissing off local residents. I lost three aspen trees in my front lawn, and they killed all my new seeds I layed down for the lawn.

My main editing computer's main hard drive is crapping out.

But ya know what? Screw it all, because life is good!