Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Another monster-lifted brat

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 marcelitros

marcelitros

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Requinoa, Chile

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:02 PM

Since I'm getting in love with this forum and it's subaru lifting projects, I would like to present my monster-lifted 92'brat.
I live in Chile, and in here there is no way to buy a factory lift kit, so I have to build it completely, and with no much information, so there is still a few wrong things that I expect to correct soon.
It's a completely home made 10" lift, with 16" Nissan Rims.
Here are some pics....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I hope you like it, and I would like to receive advices of the experts ones in here.

(sorry if my english is not ok, but it's not my first language)

#2 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,135 posts
  • WA

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:08 PM

Excellent work!
I bet you will get a lot of comments with the only lifted Brat in Chile.

#3 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,418 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

just make sure you connect the rear to the front,and keep the rubber down!good work.cheers, brian

#4 marcelitros

marcelitros

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Requinoa, Chile

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:48 PM

Thanks... I'll keep it in mind.

I have huuuge problems with camber, because I made the inward correction but the top of the strut is touching the chassis and the camber is still bad, but I'm reading almost all the forum looking for the solution :lol:

#5 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,629 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:58 PM

looks good plenty strong

on the front strut extention tower shown below looks like its built straight
if so this will cause the camber to be off the tops of the tires will tilt out, to correct this the extension needs to be built with angles on top and bottom , keep us posted

Posted Image

#6 ironworkerboomer

ironworkerboomer

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Salmon, Idaho

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:09 PM

Welcome, how many Subaru's are around there? Will you have problems with getting parts? Oh nice welds on the lift did you do it?

#7 marcelitros

marcelitros

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Requinoa, Chile

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:18 PM

Thanks for the welding comments... I will tell that to my welding machine... It has the merit :lol::lol:

There is a lot of subarus in here, but the parts are not cheap... Sometimes you just want to cry... Indeed, I have the brat, and a 81 2wd leone GLF, and a 94 legacy turbo wagon (but I will not lift it... :grin:)

#8 ironworkerboomer

ironworkerboomer

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Salmon, Idaho

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:54 PM

and a 94 legacy turbo wagon (but I will not lift it... :grin:)[/QUOTE]
Everyone says that at first:banana:

#9 marcelitros

marcelitros

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Requinoa, Chile

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:59 AM

[quote name='ironworkerboomer']and a 94 legacy turbo wagon (but I will not lift it... :grin:)[/QUOTE]
Everyone says that at first:banana:[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol:

#10 marcelitros

marcelitros

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Requinoa, Chile

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:17 PM

With the comments on this thread, and information gotten on the forum, I couldn't wait, so at least half of today was dedicated to correct camber on the brat.
Definitely I didn't make the inward offset at first on strut towers, so I made that, but unfortunately the 15º (70mm over 250mm lift) correction couldn't be done because of the struts top was stucked on brat body. At least, the selected configuration was a 55mm offset, and extensions were shorten by 1/2", and I expect (really expect) that this should work.
I must say that those good looking 1/4"+ wall-thick towers were a pain in the rump roast for modify. My grinder almost quit :grin:
Here some pics...
Frightfully incorrect camber:
Posted Image
Incorrect vs correct extension:
Posted Image
corrected and finished extensions:
Posted Image
Corrected (or almost) camber:
Posted Image
I hope with engine weight it will be fine.

Welcome, how many Subaru's are around there? Will you have problems with getting parts? Oh nice welds on the lift did you do it?

Since every one likes to hear good comments, here is a pic of today weldings. :lol::lol::lol:

Posted Image

Upper one is a Mig welder, and the other is CC Arc.

Maybe by the week end the engine will be installed, so I will be sending pics.

Tomorrow I will only drink since it my birthday!! :grin::grin::grin:

#11 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,010 posts
  • WV

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:32 PM

woah, you're nuts!! (you'll fit right in!). indeed looks like good work and those are some great welds you obviously are good.

my wife lived in Santiago, Chile for a few years so i've been there before. she's traveled most of the country all the way down to Torres Del Pines (you'll have to excuse my spanish as I don't really know any!).

Looks like you're out in the middle of nowhere, would have loved to visit that kind of area while I was there. Santiago is HUGE and not many folks had cars (though I was hanging with all college students), much less any Subaru's, although I did walk past a Subaru dealer.

#12 marcelitros

marcelitros

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Requinoa, Chile

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:44 PM

woah, you're nuts!! (you'll fit right in!). indeed looks like good work and those are some great welds you obviously are good.

my wife lived in Santiago, Chile for a few years so i've been there before. she's traveled most of the country all the way down to Torres Del Pines (you'll have to excuse my spanish as I don't really know any!).

Looks like you're out in the middle of nowhere, would have loved to visit that kind of area while I was there. Santiago is HUGE and not many folks had cars (though I was hanging with all college students), much less any Subaru's, although I did walk past a Subaru dealer.

I'm glad you know Chile, is a very beauty place to live. Santiago is a huge place, but I don´t like it very much... I'm really in love with country areas. My place is around 70 miles away from Santiago and is a really nice place. Unfortunately I don't know Torres del Paine because it's 1500 miles away from here :-\

There is really too much subarus in here, from first 7x' leones, to new sti :slobber:... in fact, a friend bought a 2007 legacy 3.0R :slobber: what a monster!! but I cannot convince him to lift it. :grin::grin:

#13 P K

P K

Devil Dog Liaison

• Members
  • 1,171 posts
  • Omicron Persei Diego

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:26 PM

Hola Marcelo,
Welcome to the best Subaru resource on the net.
Lifted Brats are very nice, especially the extreme ones like yours.

My ex will be in Bolivia on Saturday, and I have always wanted to visit Valparaiso and Vina del Mar.

I live in San Diego, California, which is about 32 degrees north of equator. Valparaiso is about 32 degrees south of equator, so both being right on the Pacific ocean, I would expect the climate to be the same. Just different beautiful people and food :)

Anyways - welcome ! y su inglés es bueno!

r/ Patricio

#14 marcelitros

marcelitros

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Requinoa, Chile

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:11 AM

Finally I ride it!!!
After a long work day I finally ride the monster-brat
I stole the leone engine to put the brat alive, and definitely correct the camber problem, so It's all working...
Here are the pics:

Posted Image
Posted Image

A liitle flames from the engine :slobber:

Posted Image

Front view

Posted Image

Camber detail

Posted Image

And a video :slobber: :slobber:

#15 michael appel

michael appel

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 779 posts
  • wilsonville Or

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:47 PM

could you show the rear lift

#16 deiti

deiti

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • patro

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:57 PM

how did you do the front lift ??

#17 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,426 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:49 PM

to the OP with that amount of lift why not install a divorce transfer case?

get another engine crossmember,Set the engine/transmission in the stock location. Build subframe to mount transfercase.Then install a rear diff up front to drive the wheels.Then you have to figure out 3 driveshafts.rear,front,stubby(transmission to transfer case)

benfits to this: actually have the gearing to turn the tires,and have a decent low range.Rather than slipping the clutch everywhere to get going,and having a underpowered slug of a car...

divorced transfer cases can be found in nissan/datsun 720's, suzuki samurai's,etc...

not sure if you even get those sort of rigs down there...

also what size tires are those?

Edited by Uberoo, 08 November 2009 - 03:52 PM.

#18 3eyedwagon

3eyedwagon

Build it, don't buy it!

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • Apache Junction

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:54 PM

^ I'd leave homeboy alone. He lifted a Brat, and went huge. As in; didn't TALK about it..... DID it. He can probably figure out the rest on his own.

#19 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,426 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:58 PM

just a sugestion

#20 Redcap

Redcap

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • Lewis County, WA

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:54 PM

^ i'd leave homeboy alone. He lifted a brat, and went huge. As in; didn't talk about it..... Did it. He can probably figure out the rest on his own.

+1

#21 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,418 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:39 PM

^ I'd leave homeboy alone. He lifted a Brat, and went huge. As in; didn't TALK about it..... DID it. He can probably figure out the rest on his own.

+1

+seventy gazillion.....

#22 bobaru

bobaru

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • granite falls WA

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:21 PM

YES in fact why dont you put your tools where youre fingers are

and do 1/4 of what he did

NICE JOB.......... Marcelitros

#23 frogstar7055

frogstar7055

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Jacksonville Fl

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:50 PM

Very cool and a good job as well.
I love the fact that to do these things to a Subaru you gotta make,can't buy it off the shelf.

Weld on Brother.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users