Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Another monster-lifted brat

marcelitros

Since I'm getting in love with this forum and it's subaru lifting projects, I would like to present my monster-lifted 92'brat.

I live in Chile, and in here there is no way to buy a factory lift kit, so I have to build it completely, and with no much information, so there is still a few wrong things that I expect to correct soon.

It's a completely home made 10" lift, with 16" Nissan Rims.

Here are some pics....

brat1.jpg

brat2.jpg

brat3.jpg

brat4.jpg

brat5.jpg

brat6.jpg

brat7.jpg

brat8.jpg

I hope you like it, and I would like to receive advices of the experts ones in here.

(sorry if my english is not ok, but it's not my first language)

Thanks for the welding comments... I will tell that to my welding machine... It has the merit :lol::lol:

There is a lot of subarus in here, but the parts are not cheap... Sometimes you just want to cry... Indeed, I have the brat, and a 81 2wd leone GLF, and a 94 legacy turbo wagon (but I will not lift it... :grin:)

With the comments on this thread, and information gotten on the forum, I couldn't wait, so at least half of today was dedicated to correct camber on the brat.

Definitely I didn't make the inward offset at first on strut towers, so I made that, but unfortunately the 15º (70mm over 250mm lift) correction couldn't be done because of the struts top was stucked on brat body. At least, the selected configuration was a 55mm offset, and extensions were shorten by 1/2", and I expect (really expect) that this should work.

I must say that those good looking 1/4"+ wall-thick towers were a pain in the rump roast for modify. My grinder almost quit :grin:

Here some pics...

Frightfully incorrect camber:

rueda%20mala.jpg

Incorrect vs correct extension:

torres%20comparadas.jpg

corrected and finished extensions:

torres%20listas.jpg

Corrected (or almost) camber:

rueda%20corregida.jpg

I hope with engine weight it will be fine.

Welcome, how many Subaru's are around there? Will you have problems with getting parts? Oh nice welds on the lift did you do it?

Since every one likes to hear good comments, here is a pic of today weldings. :lol::lol::lol:

soldaduras.jpg

Upper one is a Mig welder, and the other is CC Arc.

Maybe by the week end the engine will be installed, so I will be sending pics.

Tomorrow I will only drink since it my birthday!! :grin::grin::grin:

woah, you're nuts!! (you'll fit right in!). indeed looks like good work and those are some great welds you obviously are good.

my wife lived in Santiago, Chile for a few years so i've been there before. she's traveled most of the country all the way down to Torres Del Pines (you'll have to excuse my spanish as I don't really know any!).

Looks like you're out in the middle of nowhere, would have loved to visit that kind of area while I was there. Santiago is HUGE and not many folks had cars (though I was hanging with all college students), much less any Subaru's, although I did walk past a Subaru dealer.

woah, you're nuts!! (you'll fit right in!). indeed looks like good work and those are some great welds you obviously are good.

my wife lived in Santiago, Chile for a few years so i've been there before. she's traveled most of the country all the way down to Torres Del Pines (you'll have to excuse my spanish as I don't really know any!).

Looks like you're out in the middle of nowhere, would have loved to visit that kind of area while I was there. Santiago is HUGE and not many folks had cars (though I was hanging with all college students), much less any Subaru's, although I did walk past a Subaru dealer.

I'm glad you know Chile, is a very beauty place to live. Santiago is a huge place, but I don´t like it very much... I'm really in love with country areas. My place is around 70 miles away from Santiago and is a really nice place. Unfortunately I don't know Torres del Paine because it's 1500 miles away from here :-\

There is really too much subarus in here, from first 7x' leones, to new sti :slobber:... in fact, a friend bought a 2007 legacy 3.0R :slobber: what a monster!! but I cannot convince him to lift it. :grin::grin:

Hola Marcelo,

Welcome to the best Subaru resource on the net.

Lifted Brats are very nice, especially the extreme ones like yours.

My ex will be in Bolivia on Saturday, and I have always wanted to visit Valparaiso and Vina del Mar.

I live in San Diego, California, which is about 32 degrees north of equator. Valparaiso is about 32 degrees south of equator, so both being right on the Pacific ocean, I would expect the climate to be the same. Just different beautiful people and food :)

Anyways - welcome ! y su inglés es bueno!

r/ Patricio

Finally I ride it!!!

After a long work day I finally ride the monster-brat

I stole the leone engine to put the brat alive, and definitely correct the camber problem, so It's all working...

Here are the pics:

vista%20general.jpg

vista%20andando.jpg

A liitle flames from the engine :slobber:

llamas.jpg

Front view

frente.jpg

Camber detail

detalle%20camber.jpg

And a video :slobber: :slobber:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

to the OP with that amount of lift why not install a divorce transfer case?

get another engine crossmember,Set the engine/transmission in the stock location. Build subframe to mount transfercase.Then install a rear diff up front to drive the wheels.Then you have to figure out 3 driveshafts.rear,front,stubby(transmission to transfer case)

benfits to this: actually have the gearing to turn the tires,and have a decent low range.Rather than slipping the clutch everywhere to get going,and having a underpowered slug of a car...

divorced transfer cases can be found in nissan/datsun 720's, suzuki samurai's,etc...

not sure if you even get those sort of rigs down there...

also what size tires are those?

Edited by Uberoo

^ I'd leave homeboy alone. He lifted a Brat, and went huge. As in; didn't TALK about it..... DID it. He can probably figure out the rest on his own.

YES in fact why dont you put your tools where youre fingers are

and do 1/4 of what he did

NICE JOB.......... Marcelitros