Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Alaskan subaru organization ideas and logo discussion

Hear ye hear ye, we are here to discuss the potential formation of some sort of Alaskan subaru glub, group, or whatever, since there isn't one that I know of, and Alaska really is where subarus are at home. Three issues come to mind immediately:

Who would be interested?

Anybody from Alaska who might want to become a member, or at least have a sticker on your car, please show yourself.

We would need a name:

I like Brian's old ORSA (Off Road Subarus of Alaska), but since we shouldn't necessarily limit the organization to offroad stuff, we can probably think of a different name. Throw anything out there. If we get enough potential names, we can vote on it.

We should definitely get some stickers once we have a name:

This is what got me started on the idea. Heartless has indicated some interest in drawing a design, and Northguy said that he could get stickers printed up. I would hate to just copy the designs used by the Hatch Patrol, Oregon Offroad Subaru Club, or West Coast Stompers. I think that one sort of similar to the design Heartless made for WCS, except having the soob covered in ice and frozen would be neat and replace the mountain backround with a stylized state of Alaska. Also maybe make it an ea82 for this one, since that gen seems to be the most prevalent among the AK-based board members right now.

And, once this stuff is taken care of, it would be a lot easier to find other soob nuts, as I know our state is full of them.

One question. If we did a picture like Brian suggested and maybe tweaked it with photoshop or what-have-you, would that easily be printed up on a sticker?

I like the idea. Two suggestions would be to do it in black and white so it's simple and classy (well, at least the pic, maybe the lettering could be colored), and try to get ahold of as many different kinds of soobs as we can. I think for sure Matt's brat is a shoe-in, and Roxanne would proudly represent the ea82s but she would welcome another one or two like her, and we should definitely try to get a legacy or impreza in there too. Maybe we could find an ea71 by then as well, just to get more than one or two generations covered.

• 7 months later...

Hey there Grant, welcome to the board!

This discussion kind of died out after I got busy with a bunch of stuff, but we should resume pursuing this idea, especially since we've had a number of new AK members come on the board recently.

I don't know of any wagons available at this time.

So yeah, anybody from AK, please speak up with your ideas, suggestions, etc. We really need to try to meet up some time as well!