Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Legacy master cylinder to ea81

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ferox

ferox

King of the Echo People

• Members
  • 852 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:40 PM

I seem to remember reading on here that a Legacy master cylinder will bolt on to an ea81 booster. I couldn't find much in my searches, so does anyone know? And if so, are there issues to consider?

I am going to be doing a front vented rotor caliper swap and rear disk conversion soon. I am interested in the master cylinder swap mostly as a source of newer, plentiful junkyard parts, but a little extra braking power would be nice too...although it seems like that would be more of a booster thing.

#2 pwjm

pwjm

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Kelowna B.C. Canada

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:51 PM

I was just looking at one in the JY the other day and any of the ones on the newer loyals (EA82+) had and extra fitting or two. It might bolt up, but it had more brake line connections coming out of it. Not sure on the legacies.

#3 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,128 posts
  • WA

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:48 PM

I've eyeballed the Leggy and EA82 MC and they look to be the same size.
Not sure about the EA81. I guess the best way to figure it out is at the JY.
Take one off a Leggy and install it on a EA81/82.

#4 subynut

subynut

EJ Powa!

• Gold Subscribers
  • 1,397 posts
  • Sierra Vista, AZ

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:14 PM

My brother has a 92 leggy MC on his ea82 wagon booster. Both were auto trannies, not sure if the hill holder on the manuals adds any differences or not, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users