Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

My GT is no More

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_sirveaux_*

Guest_sirveaux_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2003 - 05:00 PM

Unfortunately my insurance company has totaled my 96 GT. It sustained damage to the driver's side, and was rear-ended three days before it was due to go into the body shop. The total was based on only damage from the first accident, though the second produced extensive rear-end damage. Though I love my car, it might be for the best, as this was the third time it's been hit hard from behind, so it'd probably never be the same. Any suggestions on replacement vehicles? Vote on my poll at www.cardomain.com/id/sirveaux :) . More likely than not, though I will be saying goodbye to this message board. Thanks for all your help, everyone!

Also, if anyone happens to be an auto insurance expert, attorney, etc, I'm looking for input on the way these insurance companies are handling it.

-Ryan

#2 Guest_remarcable_*

Guest_remarcable_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2003 - 02:17 PM

My outback was hit from behind and it hasn't been the same since. More squeaks, creaks, and groans. My exhaust also now rubs the swaybar because the headers and whole exhaust assembly were pushed forward slightly.

body shop wouldn't fix it, subaru wouldn't fix it, insurance wouldn't fix it, so I live with it.

#3 Guest_Legacy777_*

Guest_Legacy777_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2003 - 03:30 PM

yup.....a car is NEVER the same after an accident.....even a small one.........it pisses me off to no avail!!

#4 Guest_subyluvr2212_*

Guest_subyluvr2212_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2003 - 07:26 PM

Get a Legacy or 2.5RS and you can stay on the board :D

Yeah, a car is never the same after an accident. I have the misfortune of knowing all about that... :(

#5 Guest_Flo4Legacy_*

Guest_Flo4Legacy_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2003 - 12:56 PM

Sorry to hear that your car is no more.

I also think the car won't be the same after a heavy hit. My first Legacy (a 1.8 engine with 103 HP) was rear ended. The result was very tight - I decided to repair it because it was in good shape (before the accident of course).

After the repair it wasn't the same. I felt it the cornering was somehow different than before.

Two months after that it was rear ended the second time. Then it couldn't be repaired any more .... sniff.
But the good point my new car was a Legacy Turbo Station Wagon (jdm spec with 200 HP!)

Ok, I would suggest that - if you have the money - you wait appr. one year and get the all new Legacy. To overget this year a could drive an old and cheap car of your choice. I am sure it will be worth the wait ...

If you don't want to wait: What about an '01 or '02 Legacy GT?

#6 Guest_sirveaux_*

Guest_sirveaux_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2003 - 02:59 PM

I'm just not sure if I want to get into another Subaru. I had a great time with mine, and loved it much more than any of my previous cars, but I'm just not sure I'd like to stick with another one. I love the 2.5RS's but I think the Impreza is too small for my tastes. I'd probably have to get another GT if I got a Legacy, and they are hard to find. We'll see what happens.

-Ryan

#7 Guest_rrichardson_*

Guest_rrichardson_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2003 - 02:52 PM

:cool:
Man sorry about your luck that really blow's.
As for a Car just make sure that it say's scooby on the back!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users