Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My GT is no More

Guest sirveaux

Unfortunately my insurance company has totaled my 96 GT. It sustained damage to the driver's side, and was rear-ended three days before it was due to go into the body shop. The total was based on only damage from the first accident, though the second produced extensive rear-end damage. Though I love my car, it might be for the best, as this was the third time it's been hit hard from behind, so it'd probably never be the same. Any suggestions on replacement vehicles? Vote on my poll at www.cardomain.com/id/sirveaux :) . More likely than not, though I will be saying goodbye to this message board. Thanks for all your help, everyone!

Also, if anyone happens to be an auto insurance expert, attorney, etc, I'm looking for input on the way these insurance companies are handling it.

-Ryan

Guest remarcable

My outback was hit from behind and it hasn't been the same since. More squeaks, creaks, and groans. My exhaust also now rubs the swaybar because the headers and whole exhaust assembly were pushed forward slightly.

body shop wouldn't fix it, subaru wouldn't fix it, insurance wouldn't fix it, so I live with it.

Guest subyluvr2212

Get a Legacy or 2.5RS and you can stay on the board :D

Yeah, a car is never the same after an accident. I have the misfortune of knowing all about that... :(

Guest Flo4Legacy

Sorry to hear that your car is no more.

I also think the car won't be the same after a heavy hit. My first Legacy (a 1.8 engine with 103 HP) was rear ended. The result was very tight - I decided to repair it because it was in good shape (before the accident of course).

After the repair it wasn't the same. I felt it the cornering was somehow different than before.

Two months after that it was rear ended the second time. Then it couldn't be repaired any more .... sniff.

But the good point my new car was a Legacy Turbo Station Wagon (jdm spec with 200 HP!)

Ok, I would suggest that - if you have the money - you wait appr. one year and get the all new Legacy. To overget this year a could drive an old and cheap car of your choice. I am sure it will be worth the wait ...

If you don't want to wait: What about an '01 or '02 Legacy GT?

Guest sirveaux

I'm just not sure if I want to get into another Subaru. I had a great time with mine, and loved it much more than any of my previous cars, but I'm just not sure I'd like to stick with another one. I love the 2.5RS's but I think the Impreza is too small for my tastes. I'd probably have to get another GT if I got a Legacy, and they are hard to find. We'll see what happens.

-Ryan

Guest rrichardson

:cool:

Man sorry about your luck that really blow's.

As for a Car just make sure that it say's scooby on the back!!