Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EJ-22 swap, Project Loyale

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#226 el_freddo

el_freddo

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Lancefield, Vic, Aust.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:52 AM

I know it's an old topic but I did an ej22 swap in a brat a few years ago and never did get the original oil pressure gauge to work. I've heard the ea81 and ea82 senders are the same. How did the oil filter sandwich work out for you? Do you have any pics with the oil pressure sender installed?

Posted Image

This is how I've done mine - stock EA oil warning light sender on one end and aftermarket mechanical gauge on the other. It all fits under my alternator. To fit your pressure sender unit which is much larger, I've seen it done with a line extension to an area where it's easy to access and clear of any other objects. Worked a treat for them.

Cheers

Bennie

#227 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,941 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:21 AM

Right on. I've been thinking of running an oil cooler myself. I ordered a sandwich but I haven't found all of the adapters yet. I did find this,

http://store.42draft...-Kit_p_314.html

it might be of some help in your application. Good luck. Post some pics when you finish. I would defiantly like to see how you install a cooler.

Why not use a Forester Oil Cooler? I think I could piece together a kit if needed but otherwise a junkyard run and not too hard to install.

#228 cmiller

cmiller

Flat 4

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Tigard, OR

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

That's the way to go. It bolts right up to a EJ22 with factory parts. I recommend new hoses rather than used to make sure it lasts for a good long while.

#229 cmiller

cmiller

Flat 4

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Tigard, OR

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:22 AM

Today I put in a marine grade 12v outlet in the rear cargo are for the ARB fridge/freezer. The 12v is switched off of the panel in the center console which gets its power off of the auxiliary battery. It will run the fridge for 18 hours before needing to recharge. So letting it go over night while camping is no problem. The dual battery system will monitor this for me and when I start up the car again it will recharge the aux battery automatically. This all translates to fresh food when out on a long camping trip!

#230 987687

Rally Suby!

• Members
  • 3,603 posts
  • Northern Maine

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

Today I put in a marine grade 12v outlet in the rear cargo are for the ARB fridge/freezer. The 12v is switched off of the panel in the center console which gets its power off of the auxiliary battery. It will run the fridge for 18 hours before needing to recharge. So letting it go over night while camping is no problem. The dual battery system will monitor this for me and when I start up the car again it will recharge the aux battery automatically. This all translates to fresh food when out on a long camping trip!

That's a pretty awesome setup! :headbang:

#231 iceberg113

iceberg113

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Salem, OR

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

Pretty sure I saw you this morning on HWY 22 just east of the Aumsville exit. Lol I was driving the ambulance going westbound. Got an 86 here in town that is getting ready to take off as soon as I finish painting my WRX

#232 indigowarpz

indigowarpz

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Eugene, Oregon

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

Hopefully I can make this a Summer 2013 project.. could you enlighten me to the overall cost, roughly? PM is fine.

#233 Prwa101

Prwa101

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 748 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

Hopefully I can make this a Summer 2013 project.. could you enlighten me to the overall cost, roughly? PM is fine.

For an over all ej swap? There are a lot of other threads on costs,
Good Engine 500-600+
Stripped harness 250$+
Add plate 150$
Clutch kit 180$
Miss 200$
There's prolly more I'm missing I can't remember all I had to buy and spend. I did almost all of my build my self, total cost for me counting the car and a home built 4" lift and 235/75's maybe 700-1000$ but like I said I did it all my self and traded work for the engine.

Plan on spending about 1000-1500$ you can also use the search button for costs for ej swap ;) haha.

As for this build! This was my inspiration for my build! You've gon and awsome rig man!

#234 indigowarpz

indigowarpz

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Eugene, Oregon

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

^^ Thanks dude - and yeah, this thread.. inspiration. Have to start planning.

#235 Prwa101

Prwa101

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 748 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

^^ Thanks dude - and yeah, this thread.. inspiration. Have to start planning.

No problem! This is what this site is for! Good luck!

-Prwa

#236 cmiller

cmiller

Flat 4

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Tigard, OR

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

For an over all ej swap? There are a lot of other threads on costs,
Good Engine 500-600+
Stripped harness 250$+
Add plate 150$
Clutch kit 180$
Miss 200$
There's prolly more I'm missing I can't remember all I had to buy and spend. I did almost all of my build my self, total cost for me counting the car and a home built 4" lift and 235/75's maybe 700-1000$ but like I said I did it all my self and traded work for the engine.

Plan on spending about 1000-1500$ you can also use the search button for costs for ej swap ;) haha.

As for this build! This was my inspiration for my build! You've gon and awsome rig man!

That's about what I spent getting all of the bits needed for the engine. Mines a daily driver so I spent the money where its important, on a good motor.

#237 cmiller

cmiller

Flat 4

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Tigard, OR

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

Pretty sure I saw you this morning on HWY 22 just east of the Aumsville exit. Lol I was driving the ambulance going westbound. Got an 86 here in town that is getting ready to take off as soon as I finish painting my WRX

Yep you did! I was heading up to the N. Fork of the Santiam to Opal Creek area for some work/fun!

#238 cmiller

cmiller

Flat 4

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Tigard, OR

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

Wow, all of the pics are gone after the new forum switch over... bummer.

#239 cmiller

cmiller

Flat 4

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Tigard, OR

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

UPDATE:  the Subie has been passed on to a new owner who is taking it to the next level.  I'm sure hes on here so I'll let him introduce it when hes ready.  It went to a perfect home and will be around in the community.  Just wait till you all see the new upgrades!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users