Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ-22 swap, Project Loyale

cmiller

• 3 months later...
10,000 miles on it so far and not a problem. Plenty of power for highway and off roading. :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Ever get that temp gauge corrected?

270 ohm 1/4 watt resistor worked for me in my EA81 and my EA82.

*note....for some reason my EA82's gauge sit above "C" when cold, key on, eng off. But warmed up it sits right in the middle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Any chance I can get you to post more info on the springs/struts? I'm considering doing the accord ones but I've heard they are too stiff.

What do you need to know? KYB makes a GR2 that bolts right up to these EA82 cars which are a nice and affordable upgrade to the factory struts. And the King Springs are a progressive rate spring instead of the linear rate ones that come stock. The Kings are going to give you a better ride on the HWY and be able to suck up bigger bumps off road, and give you another 1" 1/4 or so height gain. These King Springs are specifically made for this car. They make springs for most old Subarus up to the current model offering. Primitive Racing is the US dealer for the King Springs which are made in Australia and can be purchased here: http://www.writerguy.com/primitive/susp.htm

For some of the newer Subarus they make lowering springs and raised height springs. He should have a set in stock. Tell Paul that Chris sent you.

Edited by cmiller

I just read through this whole tread from page 17 to 1. Its a sweet write-up. Im doing my research right now to work on doing this swap on my girls loyale then later on my brat project.

GREAT WRITE-UP:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thanks! It was a USMB group effort. Let me know if you have any questions along the way.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Feel free to ask any questions! I'm here to help.

Will do.... how did the xt6 clutch kit fit? did you have to do any grinding or something like that? i have a pushbutton single range right now and im gonna get a dual range, but my clutch is slipping like hell and id rather buy the xt6 kit, swap it in and use it for the time being until i do the ej22/DR swap.

Edited by Loyale90

• 3 months later...

Its been a while, here's an update:

picture.php?albumid=41&pictureid=3195

New rear bumper from HTI, I'm loving the Jerry can swing gate. Also put three Jerry can trays up top, giving me another full tank of gas and some water that I can carry. I think I'll need to ad a second spare tire swing gate on the passenger side of the rear bumper also.

picture.php?albumid=41&pictureid=3196

And here's some pics from the Wallowas

IMG_5776.jpg

IMG_5637.jpg

IMG_5795.jpg

Edited by cmiller

Lately I've been more focusing this car as a off road overland vehicle. Something that can go out in the hills for a week or cross country on trails alone for a week or so. It's fun having something different than the usual Land Cruiser, Land Rover, Jeep, etc... but still be able to keep up with them. :banana:

More pics to come of some other mods I've done, also thinking of the right way to re-enforce the front bumper for a winch but still keep the Warn brush guard.

Edited by cmiller

Well, stopped by Warn to see if they had any info on the brush guard I have. Hopefully will get some info back this week because they had to do some serious digging up old files!

Also figured out that Legacy front brake lines are the same as the Loyale lines just a bit longer which is great for the lifted rig. So I picked up a set of G-Stop braided lines, taking the rear lines to be modified to fit my car.

Then today I picked up an oil cooler from a '98 Forester which happens to bolt right up to the EJ22. I'll post pics and a parts list needed soon if anyone wants to do this modification.

• Like 1