Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Height control any good or not?

OK another question, The LS has height control, but it appears that at one point or another maybe new struts were installed but it was never hooked back up. All the lines are there they just don't appear to be connected. Needless to say Haynes doesn't give much info on them. Is it really worth the trouble to hook eveything back up and try to get it to work? Does it really help out all that much? We have been getting some good snow here this week and it has me thinking that an inch or two of extra height would be nice.

height control is part of the air suspension.....air suspension was a big pain in the butt.....if your car has been converted to normal struts, consider yourself lucky. I'd suggest ripping the air compressor and other stuff associated with it, if it already hasn't been taken out, to cut some weight.

Nope, still has air struts, and all the componets for the air suspension, it looks like just the lines to the struts have been un- hooked. When I get my other Legacy stripped down I will have a set of good regular struts that I may put on if the ari is that much trouble to mess with. Thanks