Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Suspension Options for my 91 Legacy Sedan?

What exactly are you looking for? Are you swapping out an air-suspension equipped vehicle?

Yeah, just get a newer set of Legacy or Impreza strut assemblies and swap them out. like 1991-2001 are all usable, maybe folks on here can give some specifics. I'm not sure when the suspension changed in the 200X?

$35-$50 each, maybe save a few bucks if you buy the entire set.

You can even post in the parts wanted forum here, folks may have some.

I'd avoid Impreza Outback Sport rear struts, they're kind of weak and tend to sag - that may even apply to all Impreza's, I'm not sure. They actually work fine, just kind of sag a bit in the rear (there's a specific thread about it on here actually by Zap).

You could cross-reference the Gen 1 legacy turbo parts - you would have to swap out the springs as well to get the proper stance. Then you would want to add the larger sway bars.

The Legacy turbo suspension is markedly better than the plain jane L series suspension. Sits a bit lower and handles miles better. I'm sure there are better options but I doubt you could beat the value of the stock components and you won't be dissapointed as they were designed specifically for the Legacy's weight and size.

GD

wow that forum is INTIMIDATING. I feel like every question that could ever be asked about my car already has been asked there and answered as well.

Everything that needs asking has been asked, yes. And the rest is over on NASIOC because the reality is that the LC forum is mostly a bunch of guys with EJ22T's and that engine is just an early EJ turbo - very similar in most respects to the EJ20T's and the EJ25T's in the WRX and STi variants of the USDM Impreza.

GD