Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Half of my lift is built.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 Redcap

Redcap

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • Lewis County, WA

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:21 PM

Irritation has occurred.

:mad::mad::mad:

http://www.ultimates...ad.php?t=105671

#27 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:05 PM

I saw your other thread... You should be able to get the blocks in, you are trying to get them in through the top, right? Can you move the strut around a bit to get them in? If nothing else, try taking the strut loose from the knuckle, and install the blocks on the strut, then put the strut in the car, and then re-attach the knuckle to the strut, then put the pivot bolt back in. Check to make sure you dont have something binding or hitting the axle, keeping it from going low enough to put the blocks in, I cant think of what could be wrong :confused:

-Bill

#28 Redcap

Redcap

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • Lewis County, WA

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:46 PM

I saw your other thread... You should be able to get the blocks in, you are trying to get them in through the top, right? Can you move the strut around a bit to get them in? If nothing else, try taking the strut loose from the knuckle, and install the blocks on the strut, then put the strut in the car, and then re-attach the knuckle to the strut, then put the pivot bolt back in. Check to make sure you dont have something binding or hitting the axle, keeping it from going low enough to put the blocks in, I cant think of what could be wrong :confused:

-Bill

I can move the strut around, but can't get enough space inbetween the body and top of the strut to fit the block in. I also can't get enough room to get the strut free from the knuckle! It looks like I'd have to pop the lower ball joint (something I am loathe to do). It doesn't look like anything is binding either. It is very strange.

I'm still a complete n00b when it comes to these cars, so here is a dumb question...there is a bar that attaches to the lower control arm with 2 bolts, it runs across diagonally and back to a mount on the body. Do I need to remove that instead of where the control arm attaches to the cross member? I'm just at a loss here.

I can provide pictures if needed. Any help is greatly appreciated as I need this car back on the road by Monday so I can take my son to school. It is my daily driver. :-\

Edited by Redcap, 13 November 2009 - 06:32 PM.

#29 3eyedwagon

3eyedwagon

Build it, don't buy it!

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • Apache Junction

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:59 PM

Are you sure you unhooked your swaybar??? This seriously sounds to me like a case of "swaybar-f'ingyouupitis".

Pics would help, but, seriously; this should all go pretty easy. Especially if you have a fat friend handy... :lol:

#30 Redcap

Redcap

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • Lewis County, WA

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:52 PM

Are you sure you unhooked your swaybar??? This seriously sounds to me like a case of "swaybar-f'ingyouupitis".

Pics would help, but, seriously; this should all go pretty easy. Especially if you have a fat friend handy... :lol:

I pulled the link for the swaybar first thing (and will completely remove it later), but it didn't seem to help. I'll get pictures tomorrow when I get back to the barn, hopefully I've just been stupid and overlooked something...which was distinctly possible considering my level of tool-throwing frustration. :mad:

#31 SoobieDoo

SoobieDoo

GL's...the luxury wheeler

• Members
  • 838 posts
  • ZigZag

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:48 AM

Have a fat friend stand on the hub while you get 'em in. :lol:

#32 Redcap

Redcap

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members