Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EA82 wagon body structure

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 crazily

crazily

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • nairobi

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:18 AM

Hi, my dad owns a Subary EA82 wagon 1989 4WD and i have decided to repair it since he is not around its kinda old and its body structure seems to have rusted. could someone give me the main areas to look at and repair or what diagnostics can i perform on the body to know where the problem could be.
secondly, i repaired the propeller drive shaft but still the body tends to vibrate.

#2 STI_Wolf

STI_Wolf

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • chehalis WA

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:07 AM

what exactly are the symptoms? if the body's vibrating it might just be your wheels are out of balance.. its also a possibility a wheel is bent.. and very unlikely, yet still a possible cause, the driveshaft is out of balance.

without more info of whats going on its hard to diagnose the real problem.

#3 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,120 posts
  • WA

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:51 AM

Hi, my dad owns a Subary EA82 wagon 1989 4WD and i have decided to repair it since he is not around its kinda old and its body structure seems to have rusted. could someone give me the main areas to look at and repair or what diagnostics can i perform on the body to know where the problem could be.
secondly, i repaired the propeller drive shaft but still the body tends to vibrate.

The front end of the frame rails where they come up into the engine bay.
The top of the rear strut mounts, they like to rust out.
Of course, most of the body panel edges will rust out.

Try turning the driveshaft 180deg, the reattach.

#4 Txakura

Txakura

Not the Stig

• Gold Subscribers
  • 981 posts
  • Albion, WA

Posted 11 September 2009 - 09:05 AM

and hello Kenya! I haven't been around for long on the bbs, but I'm not sure if there have been too many members from Africa!

welcome :)

#5 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

Safariwagon: The Legend

• Members
  • 6,704 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 11 September 2009 - 09:16 PM

Yes welcome! I havn't meet alot of people from Africa, alot from Australia non the less.

Anyhoo, I would take a look at the rocker panels. thats one main point of Structurel integrity. Push on it and see where or if there are any soft spots. One thing, How much rust can there be on it? You guys don't have to worrie about salt (Except from the sea waters) and if it sits in tall grass.

Post a picture if you can :banana:

-Tom :)

#6 crazily

crazily

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • nairobi

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:33 AM

Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome, i have a few pictures of the car. let me know what other options i can use to repair it.
Posted Image
Posted Imagehttp:/f/img21.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc00486as.jpg

Edited by crazily, 22 September 2009 - 08:38 AM.

#7 crazily

crazily

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • nairobi

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:04 PM

Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome, i have a few pictures of the car. let me know what other options i can use to repair it.
Posted Image
Posted Imagehttp:/f/img21.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc00486as.jpg

i have tried loading a photo but seems its not showing but here is another link hoping it will show.
http://www2.snapfish..._NAME=snapfish/

#8 zukiru

zukiru

EJ22T

• Members
  • 1,229 posts
  • Oak Grove, AL

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:25 PM

cool it's a touring wagon!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users