Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 wagon body structure

crazily

Hi, my dad owns a Subary EA82 wagon 1989 4WD and i have decided to repair it since he is not around its kinda old and its body structure seems to have rusted. could someone give me the main areas to look at and repair or what diagnostics can i perform on the body to know where the problem could be.

secondly, i repaired the propeller drive shaft but still the body tends to vibrate.

what exactly are the symptoms? if the body's vibrating it might just be your wheels are out of balance.. its also a possibility a wheel is bent.. and very unlikely, yet still a possible cause, the driveshaft is out of balance.

without more info of whats going on its hard to diagnose the real problem.

Hi, my dad owns a Subary EA82 wagon 1989 4WD and i have decided to repair it since he is not around its kinda old and its body structure seems to have rusted. could someone give me the main areas to look at and repair or what diagnostics can i perform on the body to know where the problem could be.

secondly, i repaired the propeller drive shaft but still the body tends to vibrate.

The front end of the frame rails where they come up into the engine bay.

The top of the rear strut mounts, they like to rust out.

Of course, most of the body panel edges will rust out.

Try turning the driveshaft 180deg, the reattach.

Yes welcome! I havn't meet alot of people from Africa, alot from Australia non the less.

Anyhoo, I would take a look at the rocker panels. thats one main point of Structurel integrity. Push on it and see where or if there are any soft spots. One thing, How much rust can there be on it? You guys don't have to worrie about salt (Except from the sea waters) and if it sits in tall grass.

Post a picture if you can :banana:

-Tom :)

• 2 weeks later...