Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Just about killed the old girl driving her through six fords. On the last one I thought it'd be clever to drop her into over-the-bonnet water at about 20kph an hour. Not so.

Ended up getting water all through the engine bay and dizzy, which killed her. Got the two front wheels on the dry ground, with the rump roast end in the water.

Filled up with about three inches of water in the back seat and boot, So I ended up stripping everything out of the car, the seats, center console, everything, to get the carpet out before I lost all enthusiam :lol:

Anyways, here's a photo of her going through one of the smaller fords :D enjoy

Untitled-1.jpg

I POR-15 up the rear crash compartment (Tool box) yesterday. I found a soft spot that went all the way thru, so after fixing that with fiberglass sheets and resen I coated the whole box with POR-15 (Nothing is gonna come thru, EVER)

-Tom :)

where you get POR 15?

Lets see,I took my offroad toy to Moyie Springs for there semi annual mud bog.Impressed the hell out of a lot of people.Now I have to clean the mud from the suspension...

Pressure washer!!

Did you take any pics or video? Its always good to impress people who don't beleive in Subarus :grin:

I got these in the mail yesterday :banana: :banana:

2944096740057910484ldMEYB_th.jpg

Anybody have some drilled hubs they want to let go of? I intended to drill the rims for simplicities sake, but the way they are made with the raised portion between the holes that probably is not a good idea.

They came off a Nissan 2wd, 14x5. Should work out well.

Dan

Not all of mine is nice. :P

I got my '78 4WD Wagon this summer. It came with a manual choke, and then later I had to install a manual fuel pump switch. Last week I finally got around to putting an automatic choke back in, and got a new air filter while I was at it. Two days later I found a nice dirt road (man how I miss the country...) off of an unfinished road. On the way back I caught my engine on fire, so I spent the last few days rebuilding my carburetor after class. :P Then last night after my first test drive, my clutch cable busted off at the pedal as I was parking. So that is what I get to fix today. :D

In the near future I am going to change my oil filter, reattach the bottom of my front right fender, paint it, and replace the spark plugs. Eventually it would probably be a good idea to fix my oil leak too. XD

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3461410&id=698121186

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=163082&id=698121186

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=161359&id=698121186

p.s. I will try to get photos up some other way soon, Facebook is just where I have them all already.

Edited by bobvicktor

WoW what a difference alittle cleaning can make. Cleaned the IAC and replace the O-ring under the power stearing resevour. Just curious, an o ring does go there because there was none when i took it off. Also i removed the upper part of the throttle body to get the IAC off. Was the only way seeming feasable to take it off. But anyway, cleaned the gook out of the IAC and it idles better now. But i still have mege mega bogg down when i first start off. When its warmed up its fine but in the beginning its terrable. Cleaned the upper part of the throttle body as well. Anyone else have an idea what could be causeing the boggyness. On one more thing, when i removed the top part of the throttle body i had to remove a spring. When i assembled it i forgot to put the spring back but it still ran fine and reved up and down like it should. What is this spring for.

Thanks

Ben

Put some nice Legacy seats on the old GL today. Comfy and I sit up about 2-3 inches higher. :grin:

And it was way easier than I was told it would be to do the swap. (cut the tops off the original GL rails and bolt them back in, cut mounting tabs off the bottoms of the Legacy rails and set the seats in on top of the old rail bottoms, tack weld each corner, unbolt it, weld it up good, add a brace where needed, some black paint, bolt 'em back in.)

They are blue. But the only other thing left in the interior for them to match is the dash and door panels. :lol: (it HAD a tan interior)

Next up is to get that 5-speed in.

I'm in the process if choosing spring rates for my new suspension. I'm planning to take the car down another 2-3 inches depending on geometry. Not sure if I want to go with 350#f 250#r or 375#f and 300#r. I want it stiff but still useable on less perfect surfaces.

I am also looking at a set of diamond wheels in 13x8 and fender flares to cover them. Subtlety is going out the window this thing will be all race.

WOW !!! That thing is really coming together nicely ! I second the kudos on the front bumper . The deer dont have a chance .

Ah to be young again .... and full of piss and vinegar and excess energy . You've accomplished more in a few weeks than I would have gotten done in a couple months :)

lookin' sharp , and nice workmanship too .

Bob

The passenger side radius arm on the Brat was bent and it was pulling ... so took it off and straightened it in the press today . Pulled the other side too and lubed all the bushings while I was at it . What a piece of cake to work on :) Did an alignment and she steers like a new car again .

I sure like this little car !

Bob

O K heres a simple story of love, last night with the full moon shining down I went out pulled the cover off the SVX, there she was glimmering in the moonlight :slobber:(pause here for dramatic effect). I hit the remote to unlock the charms of her interior, and yes she was cooperative:rolleyes:, slid into the leather Burrrr it was a bit cold but supple!:eek:(another pause). Put the key in an she came to life, backed outa the driveway and placed it in D away we went with smooth silky power, it was a bright night but when I turned her on oops, turned on the high beams wow there was no darkness! So into the night we drove and thats as simple as it gets, just love this car, oh ya my wife loves it too:lol:..........G